Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1599 Discussions

ARC A770 crashes & Bugs

Radbod
New Contributor I

Every few Games MW2 (2022) just crashes to Desktop without error

CoD Cold War wont even start anymore

MW2019 Crashes while Shader Optimisation

HALO 3 ODST has FPS lags <50fps while smoke apears or in lager Areas with multiple Objects in field

HALO Infinite has some Shadow and "Box" Shadow issues

Driver ist the newest Beta 4034

My System :

Ryzen 5 4500

biostar a520mh (newest Bios)

16 GB DDR4 3200

ARC A770 LE

3x 1TB SSDs

Win11

*rBar enabled

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when gaming with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Are you running the latest Game versions
  • What are the games distribution service ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • What is the Operating System build you have installed? Follow this article that contains information as to how to get this information.

Also, there is a newer BETA driver available. Our latest version is 31.0.101.4090. Please test this driver to confirm if the issues are still present. Remember that BETA releases are for targeted testing. For the most stable experience, you should use the validated production releases.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I
  • The distribution Service is Battlenet
  • Game is Update automaticly to the newest Version
  • OS is WIN 11 22H2 Build 22621.1194

I testet Driver Versions 4032, 4034 and 4090. All clean deinstalled with DDU and then installed.

4090 is even worse then the others and i got a crashes every second game. Other Games of the CoD franhcise wouldnt even start with that driver...

I had another Graphic Card from AMD before in the same system and no errors, so it cant by sys related. I watched the Main Ram Workload, it goes to Peak shortly before the crashes come.

p.s.: Sorry for my bad english

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I
  • Games is Updated at every start, so yes
  • Battlenet/Blizzard/XBOX Games
  • Win 11 22H2 Build 22621.1194
  • Drivers i tryed : 4032, 4034 , 4090 -> deinstalled with DDU and then clean installed

I saw that Memory Workload goes to peak shortly before the Game crashes (MW2019 and MW2 2022)

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I

Additional Info:

I played 3 Matches in MP MWII 2022 

The 4th Game stuttered direct at the start went down to 1 fps, then up to 59fp, then 85fps and crashed. I had a Ram Workload about 70% till then and directly a the Game Freeze it jumped up to 99%

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I

Yesterday i tested the following :

I disabled rBar -> I could play MW II 2022 without crashes but the Performance was horrible (under 50 fps) 

I could Play MW 2019 with good performance and without crashes!

So i decided to put 16GB 2133 DDR4 ECC Ram and enable rBar. Good Performance in MW II 2022 (allways above >85fps) but Crashed after 2 Matches, MW 2019 not playable

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod,

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod,

We appreciate your patience.

Since you have multiple issues with different games, we recommend you create a thread per issue to void confusion.

About the issue with Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. We could replicate this issue and are now working on a solution. A bug report has been filed, and we are working under Bug ID#16018894233.

We will address this in future driver updates; however, we are unable to commit to a specific time or further details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I
I dont have to, most Problems seem ton have disapered with the release of the 4091 driver and the change to 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram with XMP 2.0 capabilitys! No crashes in MW2 , MW2019 or Vanguard. Framerates seems to be a bit lower in MW2 .So this thread can be closed!
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Radbod,

We are glad that the problems have disappeared with the latest release of the 4091 drivers, as well as using another RAM set. Since this thread is now solved, I will close this thread.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos