Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1540 Discussions

ARC A770 not recognized and fan not modifiable

PCSOURIS39
Novice

Hi Intel community,

I would like to know why it is not recognized on other control software, as well as why you can not modify its ventilation curve and that you need to have a second nvidia or amd or IGPU gpu card to install an arc card under AMD cpu in Windows 1.

Does it have special Intel arc software to control and customize its ventilation? Because I had to install a GPU cooler to help it since only it rises without concern to 90 ° see more when it is benchmarked.

Best regards.

25 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello pcsouris

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

In regards to fan controls for Intel® Arc™ Graphics, we are working on this feature to be available on Intel® Arc™ Control however, there is an exact date for this feature to be released. The GPU fans start to function when the system is over 56C.  The max threshold for GPU temp is 90 C fans behaviors and temperatures are OK within the parameters.

I see that you mentioned another issue with the GPU not getting recognized. Could you please elaborate and provide more details about this issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

Hello, I attach the link of my most recent video and go directly to 5:36 to 11:29 and from 18:56 to 24:18 where I talk about some more or less problematic problem. Best regards.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello pcsouris

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

hello Intel ARC team,

Yes I read your post. As I say, he has various worries more or less annoying. The most problematic is its high temperature which rotates between 90 ° C to 96 ° (under the control of CPUID HWMonitor)

This causes its ventilation that does not exceed 1250 TRM max.

For example under Forza hozizon 5 (in high mode) a peak at 92 ° C.

Under Simulartor Construction (in high mode) a peak at 95.7°C. Not to mention that in desktop mode (Excel, Word, etc. ...) the A770 turns at 54.7 ° C.

All this test under bench box or it gives its best result.

So why you do not update on its ventilation system for who climbs higher in the towers to the 2000 TRM for example since we are many to emphasize who and more embarrass on the technical level for the user who could be disappointed and return to AMD or NVIDIA.

What would be a shame between us and if you want to see my tests a leave is publish on my Youtube channel.

Sinceres salutations.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

We really appreciate your feedback. Once the Fan Control feature is available the temperatures should go better on our Intel® Arc™ GPUs, however, we would like to check your testing videos to see if there is any issue. Could you please provide the link to the videos?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

My apologies but I do not see the link or the file of the video that you are mentioning. Please share the link with us or attach the corresponding file to the thread so we can check it.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

Bonjour, je joins le lien et aller directement à 5:36 à 11:29 et de 18:56 à 24:18 où je parle d’un problème plus ou moins problématique. Salutations sincères.

INTEL ARC A770 veut-elle le cout ? -Youtube

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Please follow the instruction in the following article to configure the GPU for optimal power settings that should help with the issue that you are experiencing related to temperatures. Let us know the results:

High Power Consumption when Intel® Arc™ Graphics Card is Idle

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice
Bonjour,
Cela a été déjà effectué sur la partie du BIOS. Mais cela ne fonctionne pas vraiment sur cette carte Arc. Cordialement
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

We are at the moment investigating an issue in which the fan gets stuck at 1200RPm when using overclocking or modifying any performance settings in Intel® Arc™ Control or third-party apps used to overclock the GPU. Please disable any overclocking from third-party apps if any, and as for Intel® Arc™ Control rest the performance settings to default and check if the issue persists.

If the issue continues, create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instruction under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Please let us know if you were able to complete the advised troubleshooting steps from m previous posts and also, please share the log report requested from Intel Graphics Command Center.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

Bonjour,

Oui, mais je pense que ma carte ARC doit avoir un souci du fait quelle perd sa puissance de calcul sur une grande majorité de mes jeux aux bout  d’environ 1 heures de jeu et elle dépasse les 92 degrés sur le GPU et les 95 sur les VRAM sur mes jeux les plus gourmand  à cause de sa ventilation de dépasse pas les 1200trm.

Que faire ?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Did you reset the overclocking settings as advised in my previous post? You have to do the following to reset to defaults:

• Open ARC Control
  • Go to the Performance Tab
  • Click on configure
  • Click on Reset to defaults at the bottom of the settings screen.
  • Click on apply
  • Check if the fan is still stuck at 1200RPM if yes, restart the system and check back.

If the issue continues, please share with us the report from the Intel® Graphics Command Center with the instruction shared in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

Bonjour, 

J’ai bien suivi votre protocole à la lettre, mais cela ne rien changer au final!
Enfin de pouvoir mieux montrer son problème j’ai généré 2 rapports. L’un en mode multimédia le second en mode de jeu sous Word of Warships.

Autre remarque intéressante, c’est que une fois arrivé vers les 85°, elle commence à baisser déjà sa fréquence une fois arrivé au pic des 90° elle descend temporairement sa fréquence pour essayer de stabiliser à 90° au lieu de monter son système de ventilation à plus de 1200 tours. si temporairement on bloque c’est ventilateurs et quand on les relâche on voit qu’elle monte très rapidement vers 2800 tours par minute pour redescendre de nouveau à 1200 tours et se stabilise à cette vitesse là en espérant que cela pourra vous aider dans votre recherche.

En attente de la suite de votre analyse pour débloquer ce problème, bien cordialement.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Thank you for completing these troubleshooting steps. We are still missing the report from the Intel Graphics Command Center that I requested in previous interactions. Please create the log file and attach it to your response, you can follow the instructions in this article: Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice
Bonjour,
Ma A770 est partie au SAV et j'attends une réponse si elle a été pris en compte pour la tester et savoir si elle est défectueuse ou non. Je vous en ferais part dès son retour dans mon boîtier.
En espérant qu'il cela ne soit pas long vu que je me retrouve sans carte graphique.
Bien cordialement.
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Thank you for letting us know. In this case, we will continue monitoring this thread for some days waiting for your response and update in regards to the replacement.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PCSOURIS39
Novice

Bonjour, 

Le soucis de la ventilation vient de votre logiciel de contrôle.
Preuve si joint en vidéos sur ce lien : https://youtu.be/mBKmqcb-6jo
En attente de votre réponse, bien cordialement

0 Kudos
Voork
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PCSOURIS39

Based on the video this seems to be the issue we are currently investigating, you can check the following article for more information:

Intel® Arc™ Card Fan Speed Stuck at 1200 RPMs When Using Overclocking Feature in Intel® Arc™ Control

Please share the report requested in previous posts so we can continue gathering information about the affected systems.  Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Also, please let's try the following steps and check if the issue continues. These steps were previously shared but I am adding the step to reboot the system to make sure the changes take effect:

• Open ARC Control
  • Go to the Performance Tab
  • Click on configure
  • Click on Reset to defaults at the bottom of the settings screen.
  • Click on apply
  • Reboot the system
  • Check if the fan is still stuck at 1200RPM if yes, restart the system and check back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos