Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1777 Discussions

Arc Control Panel installed with new driver cannot be opened

サミュエルバサザール

I'm sorry if it's hard to understand because I'm using a translation.

I can open the ARC Control Panel without any problems with the version I'm currently using, but after updating my graphics driver I can no longer open the ARC Control Panel. When I press the shortcut a small information window appears but no information is displayed. The version I can open without any problems is 5333 and earlier versions, but the problem occurs with all versions from the latest 5590 to 5444.

(The IntelArcControl.exe dated 2024/01/26 08:39 in the installer works fine, but the IntelArcControl.exe dated 2024/04/26 01:20 seems to cause problems.)

I have tried using DDU and running sfc /scannow when installing and uninstalling, which are solutions I have found online, but it did not improve anything. I have attached the information that seems necessary based on other people's questions, but if there is any additional information that is needed, please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. When you tried to open the Arc Control, did you try to check in the task manager if it is running in the background?
  2. Aside from the driver update, Did you also change other settings or installed new programs?
  3. If you uninstall the latest version and go back to version 5333, can you still open the Arc Control panel?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

Thank you for your reply.
1. Yes, ArcControl itself was present in the process column.
2. No, I did not make any changes other than updating the driver.
3. Yes, I am still using 5333 and can open it properly.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Let me share this link that you can follow:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000098970/graphics.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

Yes, I have checked that page.

I don't like to install unnecessary applications, so I don't have any antivirus software or firewall software other than Windows Security installed, nor do I have any applications like ASUS Armoury Crate or MSI Center installed.

Is it possible to determine from the first attachment what specific software is interfering with the operation?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

By the way, have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your system regarding this issue?

They may also assist you identify the application causing the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

What does "system manufacturer" refer to?
If you mean the company where you bought the PC, then this PC was assembled from individual parts, so there is no such company.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

I mean the Motherboard since everything is being controlled by the BIOS.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

Are you saying I should contact MSI about not being able to open Intel Arc Control?

I'm getting tired of replying once a day so I'll ask all at once.

Am I correct that this issue is caused by "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000098970/graphics.html"?

Don't know what application is interfering with Intel ArcControl?

Are there any plans to fix this from the driver side?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

I understand, I am just checking of the board may have applications that is causing it.

The programs indicated there like the antivirus, firewall and apps from the board.

If you have onboard Graphics, can you try to disable it and try if Arc Control will launch.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

Could you please replace me with another moderator?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

I apologize if you feel that way. However, let me share this link as a recommendation to this issue as a fix that you can try. Please check the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091851/graphics.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール

Please delete the attachments from my first post so that other users cannot view or save them, as they were not necessary.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

I understand and I already edited your post and deleted the attachments.

Let me also check, did you try to follow the steps in the link that we provided? Did it help with the issue?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
サミュエルバサザール
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

Please help generate the latest SSU logs of your system for me to have this issue checked by our Engineers.

Kindly send the SSU logs and other information like screenshots via direct message so that it wont appear on the thread.

Please download the utility here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello サミュエルバサザール,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos