Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

Arc with 4th gen CPU

NMaster
Beginner

I was looking into getting an intel arc for my haswell cpu, but I saw that you have to have a 10th gen cpu or higher. Is it possible to run it on a 4th gen cpu? I also have a raspberry pi 5, so is it possible to run it on it's broadcom bcm2712 cpu if it isn't possible on my intel cpu? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cebos
Beginner

They will be too old

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Nmaster,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We are thankful that you are considering adding power to your system with an Intel ARC card. As much as we would like to have your system enjoy the benefits of having an ARC card, the CPU being used on your system does not meet the system requirements of the card as you earlier find out.  We hope for your understanding on this.

Going to your other question, based on the list https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html, only x86 processors are listed and there is no support for ARM CPUs.

We hope for your consideration of the answers that we provided.

Since have answered your question, we will be closing this thread. If you have any additional questions, kindly open a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and have a great year.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi NMaster,

Good day!

We have previously shared our answer to your questions regarding supported components to be able to make use of an Intel ARC card. It may not be compatible with the current system you have but you can still use this guide for the list of required system components for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics – Desktop.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or need clarification.

Best Regards,

Jeanette C

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Nmaster, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos