Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1597 Discussions

Asus Zenbook UP6502ZD & Intel Driver (Freezes/Crashes)

Barut
Beginner

Hi,

After two months of investigating I have found the cause of my freezes/crashes but not the solution.

When using the ARC a370m driver from Asus website for my laptop model I get sometimes a few second slowdown between switching from a game to a chrome with a running video, but every time I install the driver from the Intel's website it would create a freeze/crash of the system when doing the same and I would need to do a hard reset.

Currently I am using the Asus driver for both a370m and i7-12700H Iris Xe, but it is over 4 months old...

I have specified in Windows 11 Home graphics settings for the game to be used by the a370m gpu and discord & chrome to use the i7-12700H Iris Xe GPU.

Could you please investigate into what exactly has changed from the Asus a370m driver up to the newest intel driver that could be causing these crashes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Barut

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes on your system with the latest graphics.

The driver provided by your system manufacturer is specially optimized and customized for the specific hardware (motherboard, processor, I/O) that your laptop includes, this is why we would advise you to keep using the drivers provided by the Original System Manufacturer.

The drivers provided on the Intel Website are generic and do not include any customization for your system, You can try to uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled, reinstall the latest driver 30.0.101.4146. However, if the issue persists it would be better to contact the system's manufacturer and get the drivers from them.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Barut

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes on your system with the latest graphics.

The driver provided by your system manufacturer is specially optimized and customized for the specific hardware (motherboard, processor, I/O) that your laptop includes, this is why we would advise you to keep using the drivers provided by the Original System Manufacturer.

The drivers provided on the Intel Website are generic and do not include any customization for your system, You can try to uninstall the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled, reinstall the latest driver 30.0.101.4146. However, if the issue persists it would be better to contact the system's manufacturer and get the drivers from them.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Barut

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Barut
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for your reply and a suggestion on how to uninstall the driver in order to install the Asus one, now my laptop is again working fine it does have a few hiccups but it's expected since Asus hasn't updated their drivers for Intel Ark since October of last year

Hopefully Asus will soon updated their driver to be on the same version as the generic one from Intel. I have sent them an email but it would probably speed it up if someone from Intel also informs them.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Barut

Thank you for your confirmation. It is good that the driver provided by the manufacturer of the system works fine. We are constantly providing our partners with the source code of the drivers so they can customize it for their systems. It might take time for them to be able to adapt the drivers since the hardware is different from a desktop computer.

Since the thread is now resolved we will no longer monitor it. In case you need further assistance, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos