Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1534 Discussions

Battlefield 2042 AO flickering

PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello,

ray-traced Ambient Occlusion in BF 2042 is heavily flickering on my A770 LE.

Driver: 3959 (happened on previous driver as well)

M/CPU: X570 / Ryzen 9 5900X

rBAR: enabled

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

We were able to reproduce the issue internally. We have now filed a bug report and are working on a solution. We are working under bug ID 18021071081.

Since this process requires further effort on our part, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Battlefield 2042 with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Share a screenshot with the game video setting you have set.
  • If it is possible, recording a video showing the error would be ideal.
  • Does the issue persist if you lower the video settings?
  • Is this issue related to a specific game stage?
  • What distribution service did you get the game from (for example Steam / Origin / Epic / XboxGamePass / UbisoftConnect)?
  • What steps did you complete as possible fixes?
  • To gather information about your system, such as Operating System Built, Driver, and BIOS versions; please, create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello, regarding the information you requested:

1. see attachments for video settings

2. see attached screenshot

3. no, it occurs only when using ray-traced AO

4. no it's a constant issue

5. Steam

6. I use a non-ray-traced AO option

7. see attachments

Best regards

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

We appreciate the information provided.

We thank you for the screenshot you shared; however, we could not see the flickering issue you described through an image. A video recording will help us a lot to check the behavior, will help us replicate the problem, and may let us know how we can help you.

Sometimes additional software might be causing malfunction. To solve this, perform a clean installation of the Intel® Graphics Drivers, installing the latest production driver, 31.0.101.4032, for a more stable experience. Based on the report, you are currently running a beta version. Beta releases are for targeted testing of the changes indicated in the Release Notes.

Also, we noticed that the BIOS version reported is the 4403 version. Based on the ASUS website, their latest version is the 4408. We would recommend you update the BIOS; however, it is important to mention that if you need assistance regarding updating the BIOS, you should contact Asus Support for the proper installation steps. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Maybe I'll try recording a video, though the screenshot shows clearly visible AO artifacts in the marked areas.

As said before I've done a clean installation of every driver released, so yes I've tested a clean 4032 install and the problem was there as well.

Didn't install the latest BIOS yet, because there are no obvious/critical benefits and I like to wait a few months and check feedback before installing BIOS updates.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

Thanks for your response.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

We were able to reproduce the issue internally. We have now filed a bug report and are working on a solution. We are working under bug ID 18021071081.

Since this process requires further effort on our part, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS,

I hope you are doing fine.

I will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.