Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War crashes while playing

grimsky
Beginner

driver version used 4032,GPU  Arc A380(maybe A770,A750 also have this problem)。hope to solve the problem in next driver

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello grimsky, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities.

We understand the issue you are experiencing with your Intel® Arc™ A380 Graphics, we will try our best to provide you with a solution for this issue, to start we would like to confirm with you the following information:

• Were you able to run the game at any given time in the past?

• Do you have the resizable bar feature enabled?

• In case you are not familiar with the feature please visit the following article:

What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090831/graphics.html#:~:text=Resizable%20BAR%20(Base%20Address%20Register,result%20in%20a%20performance%20improvement.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

I have the same issue with Arc A770 LE using latest (4032) drivers.

In fact the game started up the first time but crashed during shader compilation and after that it refuses to launch again.

Uninstalled the game and managed to replicate the same behavior, that is it starts up once - then crashes during shader compilation and does not recover from there.

Interesting fact is that COD Vanguard (which I believe is very similar in terms of game engine technology) works just fine.

Tried with disabling ReBar in BIOS but to no avail.

Also tried to launch COD BlackOps with -d3d11 argument but no difference.

Yes the game worked just fine before with another graphics adapter.

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @grimsky & @guccismith

Thank you for posting your reply.

We are going to take this issue for internal review, in order to complete the review we would like to ask you for the following information:

What is the distribution service you used in order to get the title (Steam, Battle.net... etc)?

In case you have more details that you would like to share with us please let us know

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching  back.

I am using Battle.net as distribution service for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.

The only additional detail I can provide is that I have tried with both WHQL (4032) and BETA (4034) drivers.

Attached a video showcasing the problem. Can also observe artifacts during the initial in-game video.

Let's flush out the issues one by one!

Cheers,

Linus

0 Kudos
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @grimsky @guccismith

We are currently taking this issue for internal review, we will get back to you as soon as we have more details to share on the thread

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello grimsky

We are currently researching this issue. Please try the latest available driver version 30.0.101.4034 and install it through a clean installation. Please share with us if the same issue happens with this latest driver release.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice
guccismith
Beginner

"Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching  back.

I am using Battle.net as distribution service for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.

The only additional detail I can provide is that I have tried with both WHQL (4032) and BETA (4034) drivers.

Attached a video showcasing the problem. Can also observe artifacts during the initial in-game video.

Let's flush out the issues one by one!

Cheers,

Linus"

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello grimsky, guccismith

Thank you for the information. @grimsky, Were you also able to test driver version 30.101.0.4034?

Could you both please also test the driver version 30.0.101.4090 that recently came out? Please install it through the clean installation steps shared in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Hi Hugo,

Just tested with the above stated BETA driver (4090). Forced a clean installation as per instructions.

No difference. Exactly same symptoms like before, game starting up (with distorted encoding artifacts in the in-game video playback) - intermittent lockups - and then crashes during shader compilation.

How does this game perform in your test environment?

Best regards,

Linus

0 Kudos
Radbod
New Contributor I

The Same Problem here and with the new Driver (4090) its even worse. Screen turned Black and it crashes when i try to start the game!

MW2019 gets in the Game but as soon as i want to play an MP Round it Stutters extrem when the Game is loaded and kicks me out after a few seconds. I get the error "Message DEV ERROR 6070, irreparable Direct-X error "

Could it be an issue between the Realtek GBE LAN Driver and the Arc driver ? The Campaign runs flawless!!!

In Multiplayer The Pings Goes crazy when the stutters come and the Frames drop crazy low before crashing ?!

In Vanguard it takes a little bit longer but i get kicked after 1/2 a round of palying with the sam e symptoms!

I now have installed 2023/01/18 Realtek GBE Drivers , doesent change a thing, as soon as i get into MP , i get the above error!

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello grimsky

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello guccismith

Thank you for your confirmation that this issue is still happening on the latest BETA driver. We are currently working on investigating this issue. We appreciate all the information that you are providing.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Ok, since I had nothing to lose - I took a significant leap back and downgraded the Arc drivers to the oldest BETA driver I could find: 31.0.101.3491 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics --> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/750353/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windo...

Fired up Call of Duty BlackOps Cold War and to my great surprise the game didn't crash!!

It managed to complete the shader compilation (albeit it must have been the longest shader compilation I have experienced - easily +20 minutes) - but the most important thing is that it works! I fired up the mission where I recently left off and it was running just fine (just posting this so not really been able to test how stable it is).

Maybe something for the developers @ Intel to look into... From a game compatibility point of view - I have had most success with downgrading drivers recently (just saying)

I have also tried with the d3d12.dll from VKD3D together with dxgi.dll from DXVK open source projects - using the latest 4091 drivers - which actually resolved the in-game video artifacting - but still crashed the game.

Cheers,

Linus

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @Radbod

Thank you for also letting us know that this same issue happens on the latest BETA driver, all the feedback is appreciated.

In regards to the issue that you are reporting with Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 2019, please open a new thread since the issue seems to be different from the one reported on this thread, in that way you will receive a more personalized troubleshooting experience for your specific system configuration.

Best Regard,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone

We want to let you know that with all the information that you have provided this issue has been reported to our dev team under the Bug Id number 16018894233, we appreciate all the feedback that was shared on this thread. Please keep in mind that this is only regarding the issue that involves this thread which is related to Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War crashing.

You can expect a fix in future driver updates, however, please note that there is no estimated timeframe for resolution. You can check the status with the Bug ID I provided in this post in case you want to contact us later on.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Ok, since I had nothing to lose - I took a significant leap back and downgraded the Arc drivers to the oldest BETA driver I could find: 31.0.101.3491 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics --> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/750353/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html

Fired up Call of Duty BlackOps Cold War and to my great surprise the game didn't crash!!

It managed to complete the shader compilation (albeit it must have been the longest shader compilation I have experienced - easily +20 minutes) - but the most important thing is that it works! I fired up the mission where I recently left off and it was running just fine (just posting this so not really been able to test how stable it is).

Maybe something for the developers @ Intel to look into... From a game compatibility point of view - I have had most success with downgrading drivers recently (just saying)

I have also tried with the d3d12.dll from VKD3D together with dxgi.dll from DXVK open source projects - using the latest 4091 drivers - which actually resolved the in-game video artifacting - but still crashed the game.

Cheers,

Linus

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Ok, since I had nothing to lose - I took a significant leap back and downgraded the Arc drivers to the oldest BETA driver I could find: 31.0.101.3491 for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics --> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/750353/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windo...

Cheers,

Linus

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Ok, since I had nothing to lose, I took a significant leap back and downgraded the Arc drivers to the oldest BETA driver I could find: 31.0.101.3491 BETA

Started up Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and to my great surprise the game didn't crash!!

Maybe something for the developers to look into... From a game compatibility point of view, I have had most success with downgrading drivers recently (just saying).

I have also tried with the d3d12.dll from VKD3D together with dxgi.dll from DXVK open source projects, using the latest 4091 drivers, which actually resolved the in-game video artifacting, but still crashed the game.

Cheers,
Linus

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Ok, since I had nothing to lose, I took a significant leap back and downgraded the Arc drivers to the oldest BETA driver I could find: 31.0.101.3491 BETA

Started up Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and to my great surprise the game didn't crash!!

Maybe something for the developers to look into... From a game compatibility point of view, I have had most success with downgrading drivers recently (just saying).

I have also tried with VKD3D (DX12toVK) together with DXVK, using the latest 4091 drivers, which actually resolved the in-game video artifacting, but still crashed the game.

Cheers,
Linus

guccismith
Novice

Ok I just tested with the fresh-of-the-mill 31.0.101.4123 (BETA) drivers, still no improvement. The game crashes during shader compilation. Downgraded back to 31.0.101.3491 (BETA) drivers again and the game works fine (except for dodgy in-game videos encoding artifacts).

Why isn't this game listed as a "known issue" in the release notes? ReleaseNotes_101.4123_BETA.pdf (intel.com)

It is very well confirmed to be an issue.

0 Kudos