Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1800 Discussions

Can't write o-acute after installing Arc Control

chidaruma
Novice

I installed Arc Control, which uses a hotkey alt + o. This hotkey cannot be changed. Alt + o is also used in my native (Polish) keyboard layout for writing o-acute letter. That means that I can't write in my native language after installing Arc Control. What's more - after uninstalling it the problem persists - I can't write o-acute at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
chidaruma
Novice

SOLVED: Turns out Acer Bifrost has also shortcuts, I didn't turned them on in the settings and neither did I change the default ctrl + o to alt + o (which was one of the options in the drop down menu), but after activating them and changing alt + o to alt + q, I'm suddenly able to write o-acute again just like that. I reinstalled Arc Control, the left alt + o brings up the overlay, right alt + o allows me to write normally. Pretty weird but ok. Posting so that if anyone in the future has this issue they know how to resolve it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chidaruma
Novice

I can write it for a few seconds after doing a reboot, but then it stops working again.

0 Kudos
chidaruma
Novice

SOLVED: Turns out Acer Bifrost has also shortcuts, I didn't turned them on in the settings and neither did I change the default ctrl + o to alt + o (which was one of the options in the drop down menu), but after activating them and changing alt + o to alt + q, I'm suddenly able to write o-acute again just like that. I reinstalled Arc Control, the left alt + o brings up the overlay, right alt + o allows me to write normally. Pretty weird but ok. Posting so that if anyone in the future has this issue they know how to resolve it.

0 Kudos