Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1799 Discussions

Cannot open DX11 or lower games after PC is on for too long (Unspecified time) Thread 2 Updates

31 Replies
lhamers
Beginner

Hi!

I've had this issue since I got the card. I wasn't able to replicate the problem in the last couple of days, maybe because of MOBO bios update and updating the drivers to 31.0.101.4502.

I got one screenshot from the error when trying to open World of Tanks, but it happens in any game.

Also streaming in Discord, for example, stops working and simply shows a black screen, instead of the application

It was discussed on Reddit that it might be a bug with DirectX and the drivers losing their ability to talk with DX.

uar661lzof7b1.png

0 Kudos
lhamers
Beginner

Managed to get the Discord not streaming the screen properly also.

Hardware acceleration is on, AV1 encoding is on.

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

The next time this happens can you post your dxdiag

QuirkyConor_0-1687666845920.png

Specifically want to see what shown under whats circled

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

https://www.reddit.com/r/IntelArc/comments/14fj1z0/anybody_has_this_issue_with_their_a_series_card/jp17e5f/?context=3 heres is the thread,

they mentioned in a private message to me that when their pc is on long enough they get errors that say dx11 is uninstalled just like me

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

@lhamers, we appreciate your comment sharing your experience with your system. We understand that you are experiencing multiple issues with your system. However, on this thread, we are currently working on an issue where multiple DX11 games (or lower) can't be opened when the PC has been on for a few days. We are currently investigating if the drover is losing DX11 related features. It would be ideal if you can share the information QuirkyConor requested.

You also reported an issue with the Discord application. We would advise you open a personal thread regarding this issue to void duplicate efforts.

@QuirkyConor, please let us know if you have been able to reproduce the issue recently after trying our driver 31.0.101.4499, and if you have tested this with driver 31.0.101.4502

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

Haven't updated yet although, disabling and reenabling display adapter in device manager will resolve the issue without restarting the pc. This confirms its an issue with the drivers and no other hardware or software on my pc

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that you haven't updated the drivers yet. We appreciate your efforts and confirm that after disabling and reenabling the display adapter in the device manager will resolve the issue without restarting the system. However, since you suspect that this is a driver issue, it would be ideal if you install our latest drivers, BETA 31.0.101.4499, or production 31.0.101.4502. It is important to test to keep your system up to date to confirm if the problem remains with the latest fixes. Also, we would like to recommend running the Display Driver Uninstaller. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

I am on the beta driver you mentioned, any issue or encounters ive had this week so far have been on those drivers

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for the information provided.

We understand that you tried the latest beta we recommended before, and the issue remains. We will now research this matter internally, and we will post back as soon as we have further information.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

disabling and reenabling the display driver only keeps the feature levels for about an hour

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

@Jean_Intel disabling and enabling the gpu via device manager fixes the issue but opening and closing one game using any dx feature will cause features 11 and under to go away again

0 Kudos