Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1611 Discussions

CoD MW2 failing to launch due to unspported GPU

Bpizza
Beginner

I recently purchased and installed the Arc A770 GPU in my fresh build system with fresh install of Windows 11 and the game fails to launch. I get an error message stating my GPU isnt supported which is odd being that the game was bundled with the GPU.
I've updated my Intel Arc drivers, Windows 11 is updated, and the game files have been verified.
I've included a screen snip of the error message.
I understand that being a new GPU that some games will have issues but a game that is bundled with the GPU??? Have I made a mistake in GPU choice?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bpizza

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Please let me know the following information in order to assist with this issue;

• Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?
  • In case you have integrated graphics, Does the same issue happen if you remove the Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU? 
  • Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file to get more information about your system configuration.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bpizza

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
guccismith
Novice

Hello Intel,

Is this a confirmed problem and if yes, is there a driver update available that resolves it?

Best regards,

Linus

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello guccismith

I will check if there are more users reporting this specific issue and if it is exclusive to Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I will post back once I have more information, however, if you are facing this exact same issue with the game I would advise you to open a new thread for more personalized troubleshooting, since if the thread owner no longer replies the thread won't continue to be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello guccismith

I want to let you know that we were able to test Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 successfully and without any type of issues using the driver version 30.0.101.4091. In case you are experiencing the issue mentioned in this thread feel free to open a new topic for more personalized troubleshooting. However, this issue is not a known issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bpizza

As explained in my post above, we were able to successfully test the game without any issues. If you still happen to experience this behavior, please let us know the information previously requested in my first post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bpizza

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bpizza

We want to let you know that in case the issue persists, please contact the game developer as we were able to run the game without any type of error message.

Please open a new topic if you have further questions as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos