Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1738 Discussions

Crashes with Train World Simulator 3. Using a770

FurnaceRocker
Beginner

Hey,

I'm trying to play Trian World Simulator 3, but it keeps crashing.  I'm using an Intel a770 and Dovetail says that it seems to be an issue with the graphics driver, and I should contact Intel.  I'm using driver 31.0,101.4314 (and have tried the beta driver).  The game generally crashes when it gets to a certain point, and I can pretty much count on it to do that whenever I play eventually.

The game glitches, and it is frozen to where I need to restart the PC, even control alt delete doesn't work.  There are no errors or anything.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FurnaceRocker

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics.

We are at the moment investigating an issue with Train Sim World in which the game will crash and freeze with an Unreal Engine 4 error message, as seen in the following thread:

Crashes with Arc A380 or A750 with Unreal Engine 4 game "Train Sim World 3" (Steam version)

Please check the video attached in which we were able to reproduce the problem based on that we would like to know if your crashes follow the same error or behavior or if they happen in different situations/scenarios.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
FurnaceRocker
Beginner

I've had that error before, but this one seems different.  That error went away after an update at one point.  I can't upload a video, but here's a picture of the monitor when the crash occurs.  I can't get it to leave this screen, so I always need to restart the computer, and I can't tell what the error is.

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

@FurnaceRocker : As I just posted in the thread I opened, which @Hugo_Intel mentioned:
Try WIN-TAB, then at least I do see all windows, including the crash report you should see. You can then right-click the crash report window and move it to a new desktop. Switch to the new desktop then and you can watch the crash report and also copy text from it. You can also start the task manager there and kill the TSW3 process.

I will try to make a screenshot from it.

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

I did a screen shot, hope that helps.

Also, in folder C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld3\Saved\Crashes you should see crash reports, or for each crash a folder. In the folder you should find a CrashContext.runtime-xml. There you should be able to see the error as well.

Regards,

ArcGNU

0 Kudos
AndreyEm
Beginner

I have similar issue with A750.

BTW, My son wants to be Train Sim World 4, will it work?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello AndreyEm

Train Sim World 4 has not been released yet, it would be better to check with the game developer about compatibility and support.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FurnaceRocker

I think it would be worth trying the suggestions recommended by @ArcGNU to try getting out of that screen and checking if there is an Unreal Engine 4 type of crash so we can determine if this is the same issue or not. Please try it out and let us know if the is any type of error message.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
finikorg
Employee

So are all games with Unreal Engine 4 affected by the crash and not working with Intel Arc? I am thinking about buying some game on this engine.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello finikorg

This is a very specific issue with the game Train World Simulator 3, we cannot generalize and assume all games with Unreal Engine 4 experience the same type of crash since there are several UE4 games that work without issue, in case you have any problem with any game we can take a look on a per-game basis.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

It would be really good to find out, what kind of error @FurnaceRocker has, if it is the same as I do have and described in the thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Crashes-with-Arc-A380-or-A750-with-Unreal-Engine-4-game-quot/td-p/1501716 or if it something different. Then we could concentrate the information in one thread maybe.

From what I can tell about TrainSimWorld3, it is not that the game doesn't work at all, as described in the other thread. So it doesn't seem to be a general problem with UE4. Several tracks/services in the game work fine and they do so remarkably well with the Arc card compared to other cards. But with some tracks/services I get reproducibly a problem, so I guess it has to do with what the games uses or not. So, I don't think that it is a UE4/Arc-thing only.

0 Kudos
FurnaceRocker
Beginner

Here's the crash files, and the txt file is a copy of the data on the crash report.  Let me know I can give anything else to help.

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

Since the error shown in the attached crashreport.txt is the same as in the thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Crashes-with-Arc-A380-or-A750-with-Unreal-Engine-4-game-quot/td-p/1501716/page/2, it looks like the same problem.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR')

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello FurnaceRocker

Thank you for sharing the log files and crash reports. Following @ArcGNU statement, this seems to be the same type of crash, based on the video we previously shared as well as the log files from this other thread.

In this case, this issue is already being debugged, I will pass all the information that we gathered under this thread to our team so they can continue to investigate. Once there is an update on this issue I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
FurnaceRocker
Beginner

Is there an update on this?  I'm probably going to buy a different GPU if there isn't anything in the pipeline

0 Kudos
FurnaceRocker
Beginner

bump

0 Kudos
apkbgmi
Beginner

It seems like you're encountering a persistent issue with Trian World Simulator 3, and the game crashing is pointing towards a potential problem with your graphics driver. Since Dovetail suggests that it might be a graphics driver issue,

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

From where did you get the information, that Dovetail suggest that it might be a graphics driver issue? That would be very interesting to know.

Otherwise, we have been at this point for some time, and it seems people at Intel have been able to reproduce the problem/crash some months ago already.

Unfortunately we didn't get an update on this topic since end of August (Neither in this thread nor in the other thread about the TSW3/4 crashes, which was opened before this one). We still don't know if it is a driver problem or a problem in the game. The last update is from 2023-08-31 from Hugo_Intel:

In this case, this issue is already being debugged, I will pass all the information that we gathered under this thread to our team so they can continue to investigate. Once there is an update on this issue I will let you know.

0 Kudos
FurnaceRocker
Beginner

I was mostly seeing if @Hugo_Intel had an update.  Dovetail said that the issue was the driver when I initially reached out to them.

0 Kudos
ArcGNU
Beginner

@FurnaceRocker wrote:

I was mostly seeing if @Hugo_Intel had an update. 

Yeah, I understand that. I had hoped for the same, but after getting no reaction in about a month from anyone in the thread I opened, I gave up.

@FurnaceRocker wrote:

Dovetail said that the issue was the driver when I initially reached out to them.

Well, it's a bit of a "unfortunate" situation for us. I guess most of TSW3 (or TSW4 which was release in the meantime but had the same problem still) players don't have an Intel card, the requirements just list nVidia/AMD, so the developer won't look deep into it, since it works with the other cards. And Intel should have an interest in getting bugs like that fixed, but I guess the priorities are elsewhere at the moment, since TSW is not one of the most popular games.

But, while I understand that, it would still be nice to get an update, what Intel is up to, is it acknowledge as a known issue and what will happed.

While in the beginning (not to forget, I had opened a thread about this issue in April) there was a lot of contact and reaction from intel, it just got quiet in the past 3 months. Either they reduced staff, or something else happened, but it has been very frustrating.

0 Kudos
AndreyEm
Beginner
Btw, has anybody tried to use Steam on Linux?
0 Kudos