Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics

DELL

radtraveller
Beginner

Dell Precision 7920 (2x 4114)

ARC 770 16gb (intel version)  purchased from Newegg.

Does not matter which PCI-e slot the card is put into, when powering up the workstation, the card lights up, fans power on, but there is no video out.   Tried also with two, one an nvidia Quadro M2000(using now),  + the Arc 770  still results in no video out, on either card.

Disabling virtualization is not an option.

Precision at latest bios revision 2.26.1

ARC 770 currently sitting in it's box as unusable.

Attached is output of ssu.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
8 Replies
radtraveller
Beginner

Bump.. 

Does anyone have any success stories with ARC 770 and Dell Precision 7920?
Still not working.. 

NVIDIA 3070 will work also.

sucks to have this brand new video from Intel, but cannot use it.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

Thank you for contacting Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Please note that virtualization is not supported on the Intel® Arc™ A770, more information is in this article. Also, the only Linux distribution that has been validated by Intel so far is Ubuntu 22.04.

In order to troubleshoot this issue, please disable virtualization in your system and if possible try Ubuntu 22.04 to check if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
radtraveller
Beginner

To be clear..

not attempting to use video virtualization ..

but with vt even enabled in bios, no boot.

That is weird.

never even get to the point of having to worry about which OS is being used.

the system should still boot with vt enabled, just throw an error if attempts to USE any video virtualization functions are attempted.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

Thank you for the information provided. Please let's try the following:

1.-Could you please confirm if you were able to test disabling virtualization in Bios? I understand you are not planning to use video virtualization, however, this is important to discard possible causes of the issue.

2.-Try using basic PC hardware components such as 1 stick of RAM and storage. Clear the CMOS battery.

3.-Make sure that resizable BAR is enabled in the BIOS.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

I wanted to share with you the following article that contains useful information about the requirements for Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics. Also please note that there is a newer Bios version for your system that might be useful to help resolve your issue.

We will continue now closing this thread, please open a new thread in case you have further questions since this one will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello radtraveller

We want to advise you to test your Intel® ARC™ Graphics Card on a system that abides by the requirements shared in my previous post if this is possible, if not, please get in touch with your system manufacturer to check the compatibility between the components further.

In case the Graphics Card does not work on a different system please contact your place of purchase or feel free to contact us for a possible GPU replacement. You can use the following links:

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR   

If you need further assistance, please open a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos