Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1800 Discussions

DXR Shadow Flickering - Far Cry 6 - ARC A770 - Driver 4669

Nazrex
New Contributor I

Enabling DXR Shadows in Far Cry 6 results in a flickering effect along object edges and in distance views.

Disabling DXR Shadows, makes this flickering go away.

I have videos of this, captured from ARC Control "Studio" ... but this website says it doesn't allow video files to be posted.

Using latest Driver 31.0.101.4669

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Is there an email that I can send the videos of this too?

It wont let me upload/attach them to these posts.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities to report your flickering issue when playing Far Cry 6 with DXR Shadow. However, to better assist you, we would like to gather further the following information:

• When did the problem start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • Which distribution service did you use to install the game?
  • Share with us screenshots of the graphics settings you use when the issue is reproduced.
  • We would like to have further information about your system to look into this problem internally, so please provide us with the following:
  • Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan, click "Next"; and then"Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

We will also be contacting you via your user-associated email so you can share the video files with us.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

I'll get this information as soon as I can...

Probably on Monday, as I'm busy all this weekend.

I got the email you sent me for the video files, but unfortunately it does not work and tells me that the file size of the email is too large for the "global server" to accept... It won't even let me send a single file... so I'll have to find another way.   Maybe on Monday, I'll see if I can upload them to somewhere that they can be downloaded from.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We understand that you need more time to gather the information, and we will wait for your response to share the details.

About the video files, you can compress the files as sometimes will shrink the size of the file, or you can even edit the video to reduce its size. Note that we only need a video showing the issue and, if possible, the replication steps.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Got the video files uploaded to a Dropbox.

They're all in a single Zip file, instead of individual.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0qiegw5xp03emgn4yb9gb/DXR-Shadow-Issues.7z?rlkey=x3w1e1vvvswxpxxhq9dykemxi&dl=0

I asked my Wife to test the download, and she was able to download it without creating a Dropbox account; so hopefully this works!

As for compressing them?    One of them is only 50mb's.. the other two are 60 - 70 mb... also  already pretty small and short.  They show the issue, they show the in-game graphic settings, and the issue being replicated when the DXR Shadows setting is turned off/turned on ... 

I just have a **bleep**ty internet sometimes... took all night (7 hours) to upload that Zip file.

Also here's my SSU attached.

This copy of SSU will show Driver 4669; however last night I also tested with Driver 4672 and the issue continues with 4672 as well.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We have been able to download the video files. However, there is some information missing that would help us better understand your issue, and the more details we have, the better:

• Some system details are only gathered by the Intel® Graphics Command Center report. Create the IGCC report and attach it to your following response.
  • When did the issue start? Was it after a system update?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to solve the issue?

We also would like to know if you have tried running the Display Driver Uninstaller; if you haven't, check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions. The DDU tool will eliminate all drivers and leftover files from previous driver versions and install the driver 31.0.101.4672 again.

Based on the Intel SSU report, the BIOS version installed in your system is BIOS 1.26.AS01, but the latest version available on the ASRock website is version 1.28. If you need further assistance with the BIOS update process, you should consult with ASRock support.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We are jumping in the thread again to check if you have been able to gather the information we requested and to know the outcome of trying the DDU tool and the BIOS update.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Sorry.... been busy with work over the past week, so haven't had time to follow up with this just yet; and I'm also going out of town on a family matter, near the end of the week.

I always use DDU, and I only update the Bios if a Bios related issue is proven to be unstable... and the AGESA setting has nothing to do with the GPU.... so, at the moment, I have a stable Bios... and ASrock Support does not recommend the Bios be updated if you have a stable Bios; which is actually printed on their Bios download page for my motherboard.

I will however try to get that IGCC Report as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Oh I can also add that... 

I updated to Driver 4676 last week, and the problem continues with this one as well.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We would like to let you know that it is always recommended to keep your system up to date to have the latest fixes. However, we understand that you won't update the BIOS since you have a stable version as recommended by the OEM.

We will wait a few days so you can share with us the Intel® Graphics Command Center report to have further details about your system. Let us know whether or not you would be able to share the report before you go out of town.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Here's that IGCC Report!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thank you for the information provided. We will now proceed to further research this matter internally. With all the details provided, we can take a deeper look into this. We will post back as soon as we have more data.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

We are currently looking at the issue you reported; however, we would like to look into this, but there is some information missing. We asked for the game distribution service you used to install the game, yet there is no mention of it in your comments.

Could you tell us which service you used?  ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect). This will help us to properly reproduce your issue, in case we need it.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Its on Steam.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nazrex,

Thank you for the information provided. We will resume our research on this matter internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos