Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1826 Discussions

Dead Space(2023)Graphical bugs when using OBS

Carlos_C
New Contributor I

When playing Dead Space(2023) through the EA app on my PC(NOT THE STEAM VERSION), the textures on monsters fail to render completely. This seems to only happen when using OBS. I can't really tell if this is a OBS issue(I am using its Replay Buffer Feature), or if this is an issue with the graphics card itself since the game is only using around 9gb of VRAM. For the most part, the game itself runs fine, it's just playing with OBS Replay buffer enabled that seems to cause this issue with the monster textures(Videos attached below show this issue).

System:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KF(OC'd to 4.8Ghz)

GPU: Intel Arc A770 LE 16gb(Running at stock settings, no Performance functions have been changed)

Motherboard Vendor & BIOS Version: Asus Rog STRIX Z390-F (AI overclocking enabled), BIOS Version: 2102. ReBAR enabled

Memory: 64gb DDR4 @3600mt/s RAM w/XMP I Enabled

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 23H2

I know my system is very old by computer standards, but I hope this helps anyone else.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I want to better understand your system configuration to check why the texture fails. As such, kindly please share with us your SSU logs. By the way on the recording you have shared, I want to clarify, which of the two recording have the OBS in use? For further investigation as well, is your integrated graphics disabled in the BIOS? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Carlos_C
New Contributor I

Both clips are using OBS to record the game. I have attached another clip as well as my SSU log. This clip is also using OBS. the i9 9900KF does not have integrated graphics. One major change I have done to my system currently is that I have updated my windows to windows 24H2. Not sure if this is a sign of GPU failure either.

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

Thank you for sharing this details. Kindly please allow us sometime to analyze this details for you and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we want to ask some details to determine if the OBS is the source of the problem. Kindly please try the following: 

1. Please attempt playing the game without OBS and let us know of the results
  2. Please utilize Arc Control for video recording while gaming.
  3. Please provide a screenshot of the game's settings so that we can conduct a thorough review

Feel free to reply back to this post with the requested information. I will be waiting. 

Ramyer M. 

Carlos_C
New Contributor I

Hello and thank you for the response.

Ok, so two things.

1. I have used intel arc control to record the game, and.... the result is still the same. I have attached the in game settings as well. Graphics are set to medium preset, and AMD FSR2 is being used along with variable resolution scale. I am playing on 1440p resolution with a refresh rate of 144hz.

2. I didn't end the recording there myself. Dead Space(2023) now crashes after a few minutes of gameplay. This did not happen in Windows Version 23H2. This has only happened after I updated my system to Windows Version 24H2.

Seeing as how this happened with Intel Arc's built in recording software, it is not just an issue with OBS. Might be hardware related.

UPDATE #1: Updating my Graphic's card's driver to 31.0.101.5592 resolved the crashing issue (it also somehow improved my FPS a little). Graphical problems still persist even without OBS. Attached a screenshot of one of the graphical errors.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

Thank you for responding to us and following our recommendation. We will continue on investigating this further for you and give you an update on this thread once a solution is available. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we have the following recommendations that we would like for you to follow. Please try the following: 

1. Please Disable Anti-Aliasing in the game's graphics settings.
  2. Adjust the graphics quality to a lower setting settings to enhance the stability of the visual experience.
  3. Use  Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove your current graphics driver, and then install the latest version 32.0.101.5762
  4. If the game includes a V-Sync option, experiment with turning it off or on to observe any differences in performance.

If the flickering persists, please share your complete graphics game settings with us. This information will be invaluable for our team to replicate the issue in our lab and conduct a thorough investigation. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

Carlos_C
New Contributor I

Hello RaymerM.

I have performed the following:

Installed the latest graphics driver after using DDU to uninstall my original driver.

I have set my all my graphics to the following settings:

Resolution: 1440p

refresh rate: 120hz

Vertical Sync:Off

Motion Blur: 0

Film Grain:off

Dynamic Resolution Scale:off

Variable Rate Shading: off

Anti-Aliasing:TAA

TAA Quality: Low

Graphics settings:Custom

The follow settings under custom:

Light Quality:Medium

Shadow Quality:Low

Reflection Quality:Low

Ambient Occlusion:Off

Depth Of Field Quality:Low

There seems to be no way of disabling Anti-Aliasing in game; It's either TAA or AMD's FSR 2.0.

However, I have found the issue to my problem: Light Quality.

Setting the light quality to anything higher than Low will cause the graphical flickering on the monsters. Please see my videos attached. In the videos, I swap from medium to low and vice versa. All other settings do not matter, it's the Light Quality Setting. Keeping that setting at low fixes my issue, regardless of resolution or any other changes.

To close this out, I am still certain this might be my card malfunctioning, but I would hope to help anyone else that may run in to this problem while playing Dead Space 2023.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Carlos_C, 

We appreciate the specific details you have sent and for letting us know about the performance when setting the light quality to anything higher than low. 

For now, we want to take a look at this results so we can further investigate this further. I promise to get back on this thread as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Felipe_Intel
Employee

Hello Carlos,

I was able to reproduce the issue on an Intel Arc GPU. I was trying to repro the issue with a different GPU but I keep getting an EA App error regarding game activation, so I haven't been able to test on a different GPU to rule out our cards and instead being something with OBS. By the way, I think it is not necesary to configure the replay buffer. I saw the issue just by having OBS open, maybe you can double check on your side if you feel like it.

While I try to sort out the activation thing, I will capture some data to share with our driver dev team and see if it is something related to our drivers or not.

Have you seen any similar behavior in other games while having OBS open? Maybe this will allow me to test in a different title with the other GPU.

0 Kudos
Felipe_Intel
Employee

I was finally able to test in a different GPU and the problem is not there. We will escalate this issue to our drivers development team. There is no need for you to answer back. I'll provide an update as soon as I have one.

0 Kudos