Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1613 Discussions

Dead by Daylight stutter in DX12 Mode

Hayrullah
Beginner

Dead by Daylight DX11 version cannot give a constant 120 fps and I tried the DX12 version ( launch settings -dx12 ) fps always drops to 30-40 when turning camera and it works much worse than DX11

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

Thank you for posting Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing low-performance issues when playing Dead by Deadlight on your system with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

We appreciate that you take the time to report this issue and to provide all the required information, we would like to further research the issue, however, we want to confirm so information:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

I did what you said and yes the resizable bar is active

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

Thank you for letting us know. We have just released a new driver version 31.0.101.4369, please let's try updating to this version and let us know if there is any improvement or if the same exact same issue persists.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

I tried the new drivers with DX12 version and they work much better than before and i get 120 fps ( its locked to 120 default you cant change it ). However, there are some stuttering issues in certain areas.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Maybe I experienced stuttering issues because it was my first time entering those areas, I'm not sure. The stuttering issues resolve after a while.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

Good to know the latest driver improves the performance of this game. I understand there were some stuttering issues that were resolved after a while as well. Do you believe this solves the issue or do you consider there are still problems with the game? Let us know to further assist.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Tried again still have stutter issues the fps drops from 120 to 30-40, especially when I turn the mouse in some areas. There are still problems with the game

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

What are the areas in which this issue is more noticeable? If possible share a short video showing this issue as we might need to try to replicate it.

If there is an area closer to the beginning of the game it would be better so we can speed up the process.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

Thank you for the information and the videos you shared. I see that in order to unlock the 120fps mode in the game you have to modify the engine.ini file. We would like to know how the game work without this modification and how much fps you get without unlocking 120fps. Do you see the same issue?

In addition, could you check if enabling V-Sync makes any difference?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

I did all the settings you said and and tried again it didn't matter for DX12. FPS still stutters fps drops especially when approaching an object with or without fps lock. Enabled V-sync no difference still stutters.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

In this case, we will continue checking the issues with our team. I will post back once I have an update or in case we need more information from you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

We are still working on this issue. Could you please share with us another short video showing the performance that you get without editing the engine.ini file or without unlocking the FPS on the game? We would like to have a point of comparison in case we need to replicate this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Here stutter video without editing the engine.ini file or without unlocking the FPS on the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_32ZdUmmN7g

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

I also got this crash on the first try i don't know if it will be useful

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

This information will be very useful, thank you for sharing. I will get back to you as soon as I have an update on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hayrullah
Beginner

Hello, is there an update available?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Hayrullah

We are still working on the issue replications for this game. Please bear with us as we continue to work on this issue. We will post back once there is an update available.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Arsoul93
Beginner

@Hugo_Intel 

Are you guys still working on this? Because I can confirm it's still happening in the latest beta driver. 

I've completed all of the same steps above, and the game performs poorly using DX12 or DX11. The frame rate is super inconsistent, it will sit at 120fps comfortably at 1080p but then dip regularly into the 80s, 70s and even as low as 40s. To be clear, this isn't just 1% lows, these are long drawn out dips into low frame rates. 

Might be worth noting that the game ran perfectly with DX12 using Driver Version 4255 - Something in the following releases broke this game. 

0 Kudos