Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1736 Discussions

Driver and Support Assistant does not complete

RobdS
Novice

When I launch IDSA to get updates, it goes to the Edge browser as is should and then never completes. The rotating symbol just goes indefinitely. I have tried the uninstall and reinstall of IDSA, clearing caches multiple times, reboots, and shutting down numerous programs, disconnecting external drives, etc.  I have downloaded and installed the lastest versions of IDSA and SSU. Nothing has worked. I'm attaching log files. Perhaps someone can help. 

Rob

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RobdS,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. This situation is unacceptable to us too. 

To have a better view of this issue, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Do you have an antivirus enabled?

2. Is this issue present with other browsers?

3. What is the Edge Legacy version?

4. Was Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) working properly before?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
sphillips11
Beginner

Hello sorry to make a comment on this post as i was just reading his problem and mines close to the same ordeal besides when i check IDSA for new drivers and updates it continues to come back everything up to date..but i havent had 2 update anything since 9/29/23 which i find is a bit weird theres not been any updates since then, since b4 it seemed like there was something 2 update almost daily...is there something wrong or is really jus got everything up2date?

0 Kudos
RobdS
Novice

Hello David,

1. I attempted to do this with my anti-virus disabled without success.
2. I don't have any other browsers installed, so I did not test this since your online help indicated Edge was acceptable.
3. The Edge version is 118.0.2088.46, which Microsoft indicates is the current version. 
4. Yes, it has been working without a problem since I purchased this PC last December. 

Regards,

Rob de Santos

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RobdS, 

Thanks for the information provided. Before I continue further, I would like you to try the following:

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show the status of Running.

• In Windows* Search, type Services, and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.
  • If the Status shows Running, restart both services by right-clicking and choosing Restart.

2. Check to see if any Windows updates are pending.

3. When you reinstalled Intel® DSA, did you use the uninstaller tool? If not, please try it out.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
RobdS
Novice

Hello Deivid,

1. Yes, both are running and I checked this initially.

2. There are no pending Windows updates. 

3. Yes, I used the uninstall tool and then reinstalled with a fresh download of the IDSA software. You will note I attached the uninstaller log to my original post. 

Rob

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RobdS, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RobdS, 

Thanks for your patience. Before we continue further I will need you to test this issue using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to confirm if they present the same behavior.

I will be waiting for the outcome, thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
RobdS
Novice

I installed a clean, up to date version of Firefox.  I ran the IDSA in it and it worked, albeit slowly.  Subsequently, when I re-ran it in Edge, it finally worked again. At this stage, we'll close this. I suspect whatever it did in Firefox cleaned up the hang. Don't know why or how. 

-Rob

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello RobdS, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that the issue is solved. As you mentioned, I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos