Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Halo Infinite low FPS/Rendering wrong

hpierce
Beginner

On low or ultra settings I get the same FPS in Halo infinite campaign(25approx). Weird lighting effects and lines are rendered. The latest version of the game and all drivers for my system are installed. I have no issues in multiplayer and this is the only game I have seen this issue in. I get around 80fps in multiplayer on ultra at 1440p. My system has an 11900kf, 16GB ram, PCIE gen4 ssd, and an intel a770.

See attached photos.

13 Replies
pcxt21
Beginner

Hi. Just wanted to chime in and say im having the exact same issue with my A750, windows 11 22H2, R9 5900x, 32GB ram. Multiplayer runs perfect but im getting 15-10fps in single player with super blown out lighting effects and very low GPU utilization.

Jordan6
Novice

Hi, 

Also, wanted to join in on this as I'm having the same issue as you both. Getting very blown out lighting effects and colour rendering issues making the game impossible to play at times. I wanted to add that for me it is an intermittent issue. 

FPS wise, my single player and multiplayer runs fine, getting >100 fps at 1080p with an Intel Arc A770 16GB, a 12700k, PCIe Get 4 SSD and 32GB DDR4 RAM.

0 Kudos
hmadeit
Beginner

i get the same rendering problems with forge mode as well. I turned off reflections for the time being to fix the lines but idk how it works for single player.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when playing Halo Infinite. We apologize for the delayed response.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What is the game Distribution Service ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • Does the issue occur if you use different drivers?
  • Is Resizable Bar Enabled on your system?
  • Is the issue related to a specific single-player game stage?
  • Shared a screenshot showing the Game video setting you are currently using.
  • For reproduction purposes. Could you share a step-by-step of the issue? A video would be ideal.
  • Also, to gather the information that will help us troubleshoot your issue, please provide us with a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
airnichols13
Novice

@Jean_Intel :

I haven't played the campaign yet but I'm having this same issue in Halo multiplayer. The blooming-washedout-lighting and artifacting effects happens --intermittently-- in the menus and during gameplay. It does not seem to slow down the framerate.

To answer your questions:

1. Installed through Steam
  2. I just built this computer, I only have tried the current driver
  3. Resizeable BAR / C.A.M is enabled
  4. I have only played multiplayer so far
  5. I attached a screenshot of the graphics settings
  6. I attached a screenshot of the menu and a short video of gameplay

7. I attached the system scan results

I've tried:

• Restarting the computer
  • Uninstalling / reinstalling the game
  • Changing graphics quality settings
  • Validated game files via Steam

I'm on driver version 31.0.101.4032.

PC Specs:

• ASRock Z790M-ITX WiFi
  • Intel i7-13700k
  • Lian Li SFX 750w
  • Team T-Force Vulcan 32GB DDR5 5600
  • Nextorage Japan 2TB Gen 4 M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Acer Predator BiFrost Intel Arc A770
    • Monitor resolution: 2560x1440
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hpierce,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @airnichols13

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

Best Regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
airnichols13
Novice
Why should I start a new thread? It sounds like we all have the same problem, and I was providing more information.

I don't see any suggestions from you to fix the issue either... What suggestions are you talking about?
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @airnichols13,

I appreciate your comment.

I recommended you create your thread for more personalized troubleshooting. I understand that the issue may be similar; however, the recommendations would vary depending on each system, and providing suggestions for different system environments may be confusing for everyone. Also, it is important to mention that if the Original Poster stops responding, the thread will no longer be monitored.

I also apologize for the misunderstanding; what I meant in my previous comment was that you can keep checking the thread in case of future recommendations that may help you.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hpierce,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
hpierce
Beginner

Feel free to close it. I now have an AMD gpu because it actually works. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello hpierce,

Thank your response. We are sorry to hear that you are now using another graphics card.

We want to let you know that we were able to reproduce the issue, and a bug report has been filed regarding the Halo Infinite low performance and graphics corruption problems. We are currently working on these issues internally under the following bug IDs:

Low FPS: bug ID 14016938478

Graphics corruption: bug ID 18022387997

Unfortunately, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver since this process requires further effort on our part.

Thanks for your understanding. If you need additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos