Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1850 Discussions

Horizon Forbidden west stutter and frames drop

rajrahman
Novice

My system configuration:

Motherboard:ASUS PRIME B760M-A WIFI D4

Windows 11Pro 23H2

Processor:12400F 

GPU:Intel Arc A750

SSD:HP EX900 M.2 1TB PCIe NVMe Internal SSD

Driver Version:31.0.101.5522 (WHQL Certified)

RAM:16GB

ReBar ON

Power supply:Deepcool PK-D Series PK750D Non Modular 750W 80 Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply

The frames dropping to the 20s and the game is unplayable at times.I am getting around 30 FPS in average on HIGH Settings XESS Quality.The problem increases when entering dense area like a city makes it unplayable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FrancisP_Intel

Thank you for posting your concern in Intel Communities. We'd like to ask a few questions as well as a log file for us to check on your current configuration.

Please install System Support Utility Tool and run a complete scan on your system. 

Was the performance better before or is this an issue you encountered onset?

Can you run under Medium preset as well and share the results?

Are you running with 1080P or 1440P?

You may send us the log file by saving it into a txt.file. Thank you for your cooperation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
FrancisP_Intel

Thank you for posting your concern in Intel Communities. We'd like to ask a few questions as well as a log file for us to check on your current configuration.

Please install System Support Utility Tool and run a complete scan on your system. 

Was the performance better before or is this an issue you encountered onset?

Can you run under Medium preset as well and share the results?

Are you running with 1080P or 1440P?

You may send us the log file by saving it into a txt.file. Thank you for your cooperation.

0 Kudos
rajrahman
Novice

1.This problem happened from the onset specailly in cutscenes where it would drop to 6 to 10 FPS.

2.Medium preset runs ok but still stutters a lot.

3.I am running the game at 1080P

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Thank you for sharing this with us. We'd like to ask follow-up questions to dive deeper into the issue you're facing as there seem to be no obvious errors or misconfiguration seen after we have checked the log file. 

• Can you show us a screenshot of your game settings?
  • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps in an attempt to fix the issue?
  • Have you tried clean installing your system drivers? 
  • Are there other games that are having the same issue or just the Horizon Forbidden West?
  • Are there any noticeable GPU/CPU utilization issues during gameplay? You can check this on Task Manager.
  • Are there game-setting modifications you have tried that we need to take note of? 

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
rajrahman
Novice

I did not take any troubleshooting steps; I do not know which troubleshooting steps to take.

I used clean driver install in the graphics driver installer.

Horizon forbidden west is the only game where I am facing this frame drops.

This game uses 100% of my CPU and 99% of my GPU,

I only used HIGH and Very High presets in the game but Very High presets is unplayable

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Rajrahman,

Thank you for this. Can you share your game settings? We may need to replicate this issue on our end as well and we will be using your current game configuration as a preset. We greatly appreciate your assistance on this matter.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
rajrahman
Novice

I am using HIGH presets and the settings that comes in High preset by default

Dynamic Resolution scaling:Off

Anti-Alising:Xess Native AA

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Rajrahman,

We greatly appreciate your cooperation in sharing these details with us. To advance our troubleshooting efforts, we kindly request your assistance. If it's convenient for you, could you please test the system with the following graphics driver versions: 31.0.101.5379 and 31.0.101.5448 WHQL Certified? Your findings will be instrumental in helping us replicate and address the issue from our side as well.

We look forward to hearing about the results of your tests. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
rajrahman
Novice

Graphics driver version: 31.0.101.5379 is not available to download in the website.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Rajrahman,

Thank you for pointing this out. The missing driver may have been removed from the download center when the new version 31.0.101.5534 was pushed back on May 28. May we ask if you have tested this driver version?

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Rajrahman,

We will be waiting for your response. Do let us know if you encounter any issues with the new driver.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
rajrahman
Novice

Horizon Forbidden west is still stuttering in this new driver 

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Raj,

Thank you for confirming this to us. Please stand by while we coordinate with our team regarding this issue.

We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello rajrahman,

Thank you for waiting. We'd like to follow up with one question regarding our attempt to recreate the issue. 

Can you tell us the specific distribution service you're using to play Horizon Forbodden West? Is it Steam? Epic? or another distribution service?

We greatly appreciate your cooperation and we'll ensure to utilize our resources well to assist you.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello rajrahman,

We're checking to see if you have responded to our follow up question. Feel free to let us know if you encounter any changes with the issue.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello rajrahman,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos