Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

Intel A770 ARC and Intel NUC12DCMv9 freezing (screen frozon needs power button to reboot)

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

We have a NUC12DCMv9 (vPro version) with Kingston Fury RAM and Western Digital Black M.2 drive, no issues that i could see on the internal video, we added the ARC770 (one of the first last year (September i think).

We dont really play games, however we do run Second Life which is a high graphics intensive online virtual portal, we have notice the system will freeze randomly after its been used a good few hours, the screen is frozen and requires pressing and holding the power button to turn off then power back on.  So far Windows has never done a chkdsk which shows it didnt "crash" as such... the lights on the card continue to move, although i bet there just hard coded to do that.

The above seems random, as Seocnd Life can be left for hours not used and it will freeze, other times we can use it for 30 mins and it freezes, i am not sure if this is a Second Life software issue with the card or a hardware problem.  Even if we swap the card for a PNY nVidia thats not really a great test as Second Life was written for openGL...

How do we diagnose this? are there log files?  we are planning to put the system in to full use as CAD, Blender, Sony Vegas video editing and really dont want this system doing this once its live..   Second Life was used as a test before we use the hardware life.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GRIFFCOMM

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry you are experiencing crashes on your NUC12DCMv9 with Intel® Arc™ Graphics. Please do the following test to try to isolate the issue:

• Remove the Arc Gpu from the system. Test the game without the Arc Gpu only using the integrated GPU within the processor and check if the same issue happens.
  • I see that you mentioned you have another GPU from Nvidia, please let's try it as well. Remove the Arc Graphics from the system, connect the Nvidia graphics, and check if the same issue happens.

Let us know the results of the above test and in addition share with us the following information :

• Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. Make sure to have the Arc graphics connected when running the tool.
  • If you don't run Second Life and use any other game/software, does the same issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GRIFFCOMM

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GRIFFCOMM

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos