Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1535 Discussions

Intel ARC Control overlay won't open - latest A380 31.0.101.3277 drivers installed

dkirwan83
Novice

I noticed Intel ARC Control would break on a machine featuring the ASRock A380 dGPU with multiple user logins and demand to be reinstalled/repaired with each new login as it seemingly doesn't configure itself as a system-wide app.

I deleted the only other user account on this machine and did several clean reinstalls of the latest 31.0.101.3277 ARC driver, but the overlay no longer appears with Alt+I or running the app shortcut directly from the start menu. No errors occur. Simply nothing happens after a minor amount of SSD activity.

Intel SSU attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dkirwan83
Novice

For anyone who cares...

The solution was to remove PARSEC - the remote-play app. It uses a synthetic/virtual display adapter that seems to have been interfering with the dGPU driver.

I removed PARSEC, rebooted and now my ARC Control overlay works fine again /shrug

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dkirwan83
Novice

For anyone who cares...

The solution was to remove PARSEC - the remote-play app. It uses a synthetic/virtual display adapter that seems to have been interfering with the dGPU driver.

I removed PARSEC, rebooted and now my ARC Control overlay works fine again /shrug

0 Kudos
v12dock
Beginner

Is there an ETA on a fix for this issue. When you are using Parsec and open the Intel Arc Control overlay it crashes Parsec. This is not an acceptable solution. 

0 Kudos