Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1598 Discussions

Intel Arc A750 Crashing Constantly

GenericName
Beginner

So about a month ago I upgraded my CPU to a 5800x and grabbed an Arc A750 to go with it. This is on a Gigabyte Aorus B450 with the latest BIOS update F64c. I have successfully gotten the following games to run on one driver version or another:

Doom (VK)

Doom:Eternal (VK)

Horizon Zero Dawn (DX12)

Star Wars Battlefront (2004)

COD Black ops II (DX9)

Skyrim Anniversary (DX9)

However, Doom Eternal and Horizon became unplayable when .3975 was installed. Horizon lets me into the main menu, I can adjust settings all I want, but the game just will not make it past the first few seconds of gameplay. Doom Eternal now crashes at the main menu. I've tried rolling back drivers but have yet to get those games running again, even with a fresh install of windows or DDU and fresh driver install. Along with that, the following games haven't ran no matter what I've done:

Star Wars Battlefront II (DX12)

COD MW2 (Sometimes Main menu, sometimes at the intro cut scene)

COD Black ops (the new one)

Forza Horizon 4 (Crashes at loading screen)

Civilization 5 or 6 (Crashes when finishing loading)

Frostpunk (Artifacts and crashes)

Unigine Superpostition benchmark in OpenGL or DirectX

Almost every crash I've had, has had a basic "Display driver igfxnd stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error with it in event viewer. I've tried to stress test the card with Furmark, and while it does run it has artifacts. MSI Kombustor Furmark Donut VK doesn't artifact and seems to stress the card sufficiently without artifacts, so maybe that's just an API issue.

Along with this, occasionally when a crash requires a restart on my PC, ReBAR will end up disabled according to Arc control, and my BIOS and POST won't display, giving me a "Input is not supported" error on my monitor until it boots to windows, where it displays fine, but only if a driver is installed, otherwise there's no output.  Moving the PC to a TV to go into my bios and turn CSM off again, which seems to turn itself on at random after crashing, disabling Rebar.  Just weird, and weirder that it has happened multiple times.

Now, what's puzzling me is when I read online I see people are not experiencing some of these issues, or not to this extreme. I've really ran to the end of any ideas, does Arc not play with B450 motherboards? Is there a setting somewhere somehow I'm missing? Is my card just faulty? I've included a system report from intel's SSU, if there's any details missing do let me know.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello GenericName,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience game crash problems Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. We are glad to assist.  

When crashes, Follow the website instructions to Generate a kernel or complete crash dump, and the file can be found at %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.dmp

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump

Let us gather the entire information about the problem in order to provide a possible solution.  

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem. 

Check game/program recommended/minimum requirements. Visit 

Check any game/program updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/

Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest

configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Please download, run and reply back attaching the .txt file of the tool Intel® System Support and a graphics report (For download go the link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91600 ).  

Thank you for choosing Intel. 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello GenericName,  

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for graphics.  

We are sorry to hear you experience game crash problems Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. We are glad to assist.  

When crashes, Follow the website instructions to Generate a kernel or complete crash dump, and the file can be found at %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.dmp

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/performance/generate-a-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump

Let us gather the entire information about the problem in order to provide a possible solution.  

Can you provide error screenshots/a video showing the computer problem. 

Check game/program recommended/minimum requirements.

Check any game updates. 

What is the game/program Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra), resolution, Vsync (on/off), Display (Fullscreen/ Windowed / Borderless Windowed)? 

What is the game/program Distribution Service the game ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)? 

If the system includes onboard graphics, try it with integrated graphics lowest

configuration for testing/reproduction of the problem, does it happen? 

If you have an available 3rd party dedicated graphics card

AMD/NVIDIA, does the problem happen as well? 

What is the step-by-step for reproduction purposes? 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
GenericName
Beginner

My apologies for the delay in reply, been slammed at work. I ended up ordering an MSI B550 motherboard and giving that a go and still got all the same results. I realize I left out some bits in my initial post, I've found that some Acer monitors don't work well with Arc when it comes to displaying POST. If above 4G decoding and ReBar are not enabled, such as when I installed the new motherboard, it will not display on both of my acer monitors giving the "input not supported" message. Hooking it up to a TV lets me into the BIOS where I can enable those and get it working. I've found some similar posts online, so seems like a monitor issue now that I've reproduced it on two motherboards. Unfortunately I have an R7 5800x, and no integrated graphics so I can't test if that could still get me to the BIOS. I previously ran a R9 Fury X and 2700x, and did not have these BIOS display issues, but I get that my monitors are dinosaurs so, is what it is. 

I've included some videos of what's happening, I apologize for the low quality but it should suffice. Most of it's benchmarks since they seem to exhibit the same issues as the games and are much quicker to load and close.

For the games that I can get into the main menu and change settings, such as Horizon Zero Dawn, I've tried low, medium, high and ultra in both windowed, borderless and fullscreen both with and without V-sync, and turning off all dynamic resolution settings. I do run two monitors, however I have tried running only one and the issues persisted. One is 1080p and the other 1600x900 and they both gave the same results. I've tried turning off all anti-aliasing as I saw someone online saying that helped but it didn't change any results. I also tried installing all the games I tried on an NVME SSD and a 10,000rpm HDD to see if speed of storage had any influence but apart from being time consuming it didn't yield any improvements. Also, for most of my tests I'd verify the game files after it crashed to make sure the game was fine, and after every DDU driver reinstall I'd also do a sfc scan to make sure windows was still copasetic. 

My games library is spread a bit between different distribution services, I'll list them though the service didn't seem to have any influence on the games working or not. I'll include some extra games that I tried to launch at least once or twice to see if they'd work.

Epic- Horizon Zero Dawn, Saints Row 4 (Crashed in main menu), Skyrim Anniversary, and Tomb Raider (2013)[Crashed when main menu loaded]

Steam- Doom, Doom Eternal, Frostpunk, Star Wars Battlefront 1&2 (The old ones, which believe it or not ran), Frostpunk, COD BO2, COD BO1, Civ 5&6, and Forza Horizon 4

Battle.net- COD MW2, COD Black ops(new)

EA games- Star Wars Battlefront 2(new), Battlefield 1(Crashed when loading)

The only games I can seem to run to any consistent degree of success is the old CODs and Star Wars Battlefronts, which is odd since they're Directx 9 but seems ya'll are really patching that up. Through all DDU driver uninstalls and the fresh windows install they always consistently boot and play irregardless of in game settings. However, anything new and demanding seems to crash the card, as after my post Doom (2016) stopped working, crashing when loading into the game. No in game settings were changed, and after tinkering with them I could not get it working again. After I got the new B550 motherboard I did a fresh driver install and still no luck. As for a step by step, I'd try a Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450 rev1.0 motherboard with a R7 5800x with the latest F64c bios, a Samsung 970 evo NVME SSD, 32 gigs of ram (3200mhz) and fresh windows install.

After all this, I came to think that maybe I just got a bad card, no one else seems to have this array of issues without it being a faulty card, and since Newegg still let me exchange it, I just sent it back and am waiting for a replacement, at which point I will do another fresh install of windows, and will try again and post so others can know what happens. In the meantime, I'll get my R9 Fury X back out and see if it has any issues and hopefully get some crash dumps for ya'll.

Thank you very much,

Generic

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello  GenericName,  

Thank you for the thorough information provided, we appreciate it,

Once you get the replacement Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics.

Please try these drivers with Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows ((manual step by step walkthrough click here) or checkmark the box from the downloaded .exe driver installer window)

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4032 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html? )

Intel® Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.4034 (download go to website https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-beta-windows.html )

I will remain attentive to your response.

Best regards,

Luis A.

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello GenericName, 

Thank you for the updated information.

Upon checking, I wonder if you require further assistance? 

Best regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
GenericName
Beginner

Hey so great news! I ended up getting my new card yesterday, got it installed on the original B450 motherboard and it works great! I'm running the latest .4090 driver, and none of the issues I had before have persisted and performance is great! Quite a relief honestly after all this troubleshooting, no weird software issues or incompatibilities with hardware, just a lemon. I'd provide some logs now that its up and running but I don't think they'd do any good since it was a hardware issue. Thanks for being helpful!

Take it easy,

GenericName

0 Kudos
LuisGustav_A_Intel

Hello GenericName,

Thank you for the information provided, I am glad to hear the problems are solved with the replacement Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics you got.

For future reference, please open each game/software problem into separate threads so we can address it appropriately.

This thread will no longer be monitored. If you need further support, please post a new question to provide assistance.     

Best regards,  

Luis A.