Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1535 Discussions

Intel Arc A770 Graphics card LED back plate LED flickering

batkinson001
Beginner
Hey all, I don't know if this is the correct forum for this one, most posts seem to be about software issues with the arc gpus.

I just got  my Intel arc a770 LE 16GB card and noticed that the back RGB leds have a flickering issue of sorts, Fans and Ring are fine just the back plate LEDs are doing that.
In this clipped video on my youtube profile, of the led patterns using Intel Arc RGB controller, (in the original 2 min video, I switch through the default presets (Arc Dynamic, Arc Static, Geode Dynamic, Rainbow)) I have 3 custom led profiles set up where I have the leds set to Breathing, the leds off other than the logo, and a dimmed static blue. The issue only happens in my custom led profiles, not in the above mentioned 4 preset ones that came with the card.
Oher than that, the card is working well and only had an issue with one of the tests in userbenchmark where it wouldn't go thus resulting in a poor test result, with that app.

I don't know if this can be corrected by software or not.

Has anyone else seen this issue with their cards??

My full system build page can be found here:
2018 mid range gaming system. by batkinson001 - AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, Arc A770, Deepcool MATREXX 70 ADD-RGB 3F ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
batkinson001
Beginner

Huh, the links to the youtube clip in the original post are gone.  If  you wish to see whats going on with my card, copy and paste the url below.  Thank you.

youtu.be/XKlHivQEWeo

The build page for my system:
ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/CRHhP6

Currently the only way to minimize the flickering is to use one of the preset themes.

0 Kudos
batkinson001
Beginner

turned on my computer this morning and got the no vga detected beep code and a startup message...  resaved bios where the only change was for it to turn off something called csm.  After a while of boot lights cycling it booted to desktop.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello batkinson001

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the RGB lights on your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

Please make sure that the USB headers on the GPU and the monitor are properly connected and well-seated. If the motherboard has more than one USB header, please try a different one. You can use this article for reference:

How Do I Connect the RGB Controller with an Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics Limited Edition Card?

Also, please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
batkinson001
Beginner

HI, thanks  for the reply, I had the usb header cable plugged in fully and that cable was working properly.

The drivers i was using were the 4146 drivers and not  the latest beta ones.

I have decided that due to the problems I have had with the card that I am returning it to the store I  got it from since I am still within the return period.   If it was just the LED issue, I would  be keeping it, but the boot issue previously mentioned as well as tonight i noticed the fans wouldn't spin while in windows whereas the last 3 days that I used the card, the fans were ALWAYS spinning.  I have seen the other post  in this forum from the guy who had his card for several weeks and his fans stopped working and killed the card.  I removed my card before it could get to that point.  Hopefully I  can get my money back or exchange it for a new a770 and pay the difference in cost.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello batkinson001

We apologize that you experienced these many issues with the Intel® Arc™ GPU and we understand the situation. If you happen to get another ARC GPU and happen to run into any issues do not hesitate in contacting us back.

Since the GPU is no longer available for troubleshooting we will be closing this thread, if you need further assistance, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos