Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1599 Discussions

Intel Arc Control notifications settings are reset when the app is closed

TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I

Video of the issue : https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmnzYyniwxuygaFjjwcwPKrOnspSrA?e=9Fh7em

If I set the notifications settings to disable the reminders, and then I close and reopen the app, the settings for those notifications gets turned on again, which entirely defeats the point of it

Here is an SSU : https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmnzYyniwxuygaFklhEjjLLqSLArZw?e=tIeZh4 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. Thank you for reporting this issue to us, I know this is important to you and I will be glad to assist.

• I see that you are on driver version 31.0.101.4369. Could you please check if the same issue happen on driver version 31.0.101.4314 or is it exclusive to the latest version?
  • Have you noticed the same behavior in any other setting from Intel® Arc™ Control?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I
I'm actually having this issue since I have my card, driver 4146
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

Please update and test our latest driver that just came out the version is 31.0.101.4382. Also, based on the log file that you provided it seems that you are using an Insider Preview version of Windows, please do a clean installation of your Operating System by installing a stable build, the latest build is 22621 once install check if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
keremCozin
Beginner

Are you seriously suggesting to reinstall the whole operating system just to disable a single annoying notification pop-up that comes from ARC Control Panel? Jeez..

Please fix this "ARC Control Panel notifications still appear after disabled by user." issue ASAP in the next software updates. 

0 Kudos
TheWonderfulPie
New Contributor I

Hello. I have installed 4382 and the stable version of Windows now, and the issue is still appearing. By the way, I noticed that this happens as well when I disable notifications through the overlay, and then I open the standalone app, the other way around as well. I have linked an updated SSU, if needed

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

Thank you for letting us. I will proceed to check this issue with our team and once I have an update or if I need more information from you I will post back.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

Please do the following steps and check if the issue still happens:

• Launch "Intel Arc Control " and select the "Setting" icon.
  • Navigate to "App Preferences" and select "Notifications".
  • Turn "Off" the "Show notification".
  • Close "Intel Arc Control " and reboot the system.
  • The "non-essential pop-up"  will not appear again.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheWonderfulPie

Before closing this thread we want to let you know that this issue with notifications should have been fixed in our latest driver version 31.0.101,4499 that bundles with a new version of Arc Control v 1.69.5033.3.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
lcuwx2016
Beginner

Hi Hugo_Intel

I use Arc Control v 1.70.5084.2 and with the driver version 31.0.101.4644,and the question STILL occurs.....

Please tell me how to fix it!!!!!!!!!!

The following is a screenshot of the version number:

lcuwx2016_0-1694399735229.png

0 Kudos