Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

Kartrider Drift crash with intel Arc A770 when the game starts

tonytomtody
Novice

Kartrider Drift runs perfectly with Nvidia GTX 1650.

But when I upgraded to intel Arc A770, the game crashed.

I didn't overclock my A770.

This is my desktop:

CPU: i7 9700

RAM:16 GB

GPU: Predator BiFrost Intel® Arc™ A770 OC

Graphic Driver: 31.0.101.4032

So please tell me what went wrong.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
DanSun
New Contributor I

I'm having the same problem I'm an Intel A770
I think I know the problem with this
DirectX 11 seems to have compatibility issues with Intel Arc.
Using windows compatibility mode solves it, but the game is too slow.
In Direct 12 mode, the game runs fine, but the graphics are broken.
It seems that Intel will be able to enjoy this game if it solves Direct 11 compatibility for this game.

I hope Intel will take a closer look at this game and test and fix it.

Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @tonytomtody,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Arc communities.

We understand the issue that you are having with your game, we will try our best to provide you with support to find a solution for this issue.

To start we would like to gather the following information with you:

What is the distribution service used to get the game? 

Do you have the resizable bar feature enabled?

in case you are not familiar with this feature please visit the following article:

What Is Resizable BAR and How Do I Enable It?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090831/graphics.html

Download and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* make sure to check the box "Everything" and save the resulting .txt file you can attach it to your reply. Link for Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tonytomtody
Novice

I got the game from Nexon official website. KartRider: Drift - No Limits, All Drift! (nexon.com)

And I have already enabled the resizable bar feature.resizable bar.jpg

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I
This is not a problem with the resize bar. Make the game force quit DX11 on Intel Arc. Intel should test this by itself, so why are you telling users to look for it? This next question to Intel will tell you to change or install a new driver.

This way is just a waste of time and doesn't solve anything. Intel needs to fix these problems!
Robert_Q_Intel

Hello @tonytomtody @DanSun

We are currently reviewing this issue internally, we might need to verify further information.

We will get back to you as soon as we have more information / recomendations to solve this issue.

Best regards,  

Robert Q. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your patience.

To have more insight into your issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Is this the only game affected?
  • What resolutions are you running the game at?
  • Are there any apps running in the background with this game?
  • When does the game crash? Do you get a specific error, or does it just close?
  • Are there any specific steps that trigger the crash?
  • You mentioned, "In Direct 12 mode, the game runs fine, but the graphics are broken." What do you mean by broken specifically? Provide us with a video recording or screenshot showing the issue behavior.
  • Can you share a screenshot or video of the game settings? This will help us with issue reproduction purposes.
  • Please, try the 31.0.101.4034  driver. This is a BETA release driver, which is targeted for testing purposes.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I

It is executed in the official way notified by the manufacturer, and the character and cart appear after the main screen, but any work after that is forcibly terminated. There are no separate apps to run. Direct 12 is built into Unreal Engine and is not an official way for game developers. It doesn't matter because it's a problem that has been remodeled there. It's a DirectX 11 problem.

I tried all the 4032~4034 drivers

0 Kudos
tonytomtody
Novice

Sometimes, Overwatch 2 will show me a blank screen when the game launches. After I restarted my PC, the game worked normally.

I got this from the game's log.

[10672] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2023-01-24T01:05:14.376Z]: PathOps: [20230124T09:05:14] {39bc} ERR: .. is the leading path component: /../.build.info
[10672] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2023-01-24T01:05:14.376Z]: PathOps: [20230124T09:05:14] {39bc} ERR: path normalization failed: /../.build.info

I run Kartrider Drift with 4K very high settings. The game must run with the Anti-cheat software, Nexon Game Security.

Sometimes, the game crashes on the login screen. Sometimes, it crashes on the lobby. And it crashes without any error code.

There is no specific step that trigger the crash. Just launch the game and crash.

I tried the 31.0.101.4034  driver. The game still crashed.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello DanSun,

Thanks for your response.

Please submit a new question on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread.

I understand that the issue may be similar; however, the recommendations would vary depending on each system, and providing suggestions for different system environments may be confusing for everyone. Also, it is ideal to mention that if the Original Poster stops responding, the thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
DanSun
New Contributor I
So far, I have communicated all other game problems, but only one has been resolved.

I regret that I gave up on the Radeon brand that I trusted Intel and used for over 20 years and used Arc graphics cards.

If the currently requested anno 1800 problem is not resolved, I will not make any further suggestions.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello tonytomtody,

Thank you for your patience.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello tonytomtody,

Thanks for your patience.

Regarding the Owerwatch 2 issue, we would like to inform you that we have replicated the problem and are currently working on them. We have filed them with our driver debug team under bug ID 18025554642.

Since this process requires further effort on our part, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver.

Also, about the Kartrider Drift game, it is important to mention that. Our support is only provided in English. We were not able to translate the video you shared to the thread. To better assist you, please, change the game language and share one more time the game settings, as well as the steps to reproduce the problem; this would help us with issue replication purposes.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
tonytomtody
Novice

OK. I changed the game language.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello tonytomtody,

We appreciate your effort in changing the game language and recording the video.

We will now resume our research regarding this specific issue. We will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello tonytomtody,

Thank you for waiting for a response.

We were able to reproduce the issue, and a bug report has been filed. We are currently working on this issue internally. Unfortunately, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver since this process requires further effort on our part.

If you need additional information, submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.

For more information, you can check this community thread.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Rob_mc_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have this through steam and was having the same issues. I managed to get it playable but with bad textures. The reason why it crashes as soon as you load it is it puts the game in dx11 mode. Putting the game in compatibility mode forces it into dx9 mode and it is an unplayable laggy mess. in steam if you set the properties to -dx12 it forces a playable mode that wont crash even though it had bad textures.

0 Kudos