Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1667 Discussions

LOW FPS CSGO

kifnapped
Beginner

i just got the intel arc a750 today. hopped into csgo and im not getting anything over 150fps. what's the issue??
i've attached the system support utility report below

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kifnapped
Beginner

anyone here to help?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You think you can get a response in 12 minutes?

Patience, Grasshopper.  You will be served in turn.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you.  In order to assist you, can you please help us with the following information: 

• Can you share an screenshot of the game settings? 
  • Do you have any stutters or is the game running smoothly? 
  • What game store / launcher are using to launch the game? 
  • What tool are you using to measure the FPS

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
kifnapped
Beginner

Hello  Carlos_L_Intel 

I've been using the Intel Arc A750 since the past two days paired up with an I5 9400F and 16GB RAM. The GPU driver version I'm running is: 31.0.101.4255

With my previous low end gpu I used to get 1.5x higher fps with the same graphics settings that i'm using right now. Upon swapping the GPU to the ARC A750, CS:GO performance has dropped by quite a bit.

After getting into a competitive match, the game stutters for around 30 seconds to a minute, then it runs smoothly. The FPS drop is the only issue. I'm using Steam to launch the game and the in-game FPS counter to display FPS

Below I've attached an in-game screenshot and the settings I'm using.Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).png

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped

Thank you for the details. You mentioned you used to have another card, did you uninstall its drivers? I would like you to try the following and let me know if anything changes: 

1. Download our latest driver here: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/774229/gfx_win_101.4255.exe
  2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software and extract the file. 
  3. Open DDU ****.exe and run extract program. 
  4. Reboot into Windows* safe mode. (Refer to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows.) 
  5. Go to the DDU extract path and double click the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe to open DDU. 
  6. Click Close in the Options window. 
  7. Select device type to GPU and select device to INTEL
  8. Click Clean and restart, wait the software to finish the process and auto reboot Windows to the normal mode. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
kifnapped
Beginner

Yes. I have done that already.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped

Thank you for testing, did the frame rate improve after that? If not, I would like you to try our latest BETA driver and see if anything changes: 

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

Thank you for your time. We would like to clarify the performance of the Intel® Arc™ GPUs is going to be severely compromised without Resizable BAR support, and since you have 9th generation CPU this won't be supported.

We recommend upgrading the hardware as noted in the Intel® Arc™ requirements page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics.html to get the most out of the GPU.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @kifnapped,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos