Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1800 Discussions

Ni no Kuni : Revenant Kingdom - Black Screen during Cutscene

Warden002
Beginner
Questions Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Does your system meet the game’s minimum system requirements?

Yes

Did you already installed the Intel Graphics Driver latest release found at Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers?

Yes, version 31.0.101.4146

Please provide your system information by attaching the following file:

Download the System Support Utility tool to the system where the issue occurred.

Run SSU.exe. Select "Everything". Then click Scan.

Save the data to the text file and attach it to this report.

Please describe your issue as accurately as possible.

Game plays perfectly up until a specific cutscene, cannot get past it. Steam support forums have no similar issues once the game is playing only during startup. The cutscene will trigger , then a black screen a appears with a one line dialogue then nothing. Game appears to hang at this point and must be forcibly closed.

What distribution service did you get the game from?

(example: Steam / Origin / Epic / XboxGamePass / UbisoftConnect)

Steam

Please provide the game's graphic/video settings when the issue occurs. Graphic Quality (Low, Medium, High, Ultra):

Resolution 1920x1080

Vsync:  On

Display : Fullscreen and  Borderless

Please let us know which game API was been used when the issue occurred

(examples: Vulkan, DX11, DX12, OpenGL, etc...)

Is the power cable plugged in or not?

(running on AC power or Battery?)

DX11

Desktop PC

Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

n.

Using recommended settings , play the game get to specific cutscene where the kingdom is named and the game will display a black window and hang with a voice over , then nothing.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when playing Ni no Kuni™ II: Revenant Kingdom on your system. Please let's try the following:

1.-Try an older driver version, to make sure the issue is not exclusive to newer versions. You can install version 31.0.101.3490.

2.-If the issue continues, please use Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall the latest version 31.0.101.4616

3.-Disabled the integrated graphics from AMD and try using only the Intel® Arc™ GPU.

4.-Update your Bios to the latest version from your motherboard's manufacturer.

If the issue still persists, share with us the following information:

• Share a short video showing this issue.
  • Share a screenshot or video of the in-game graphics settings
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled on your system?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Warden002

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos