Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1654 Discussions

PC Crash and Reboots

taiga
Beginner

My PC crashes out of nowhere while playing games. The screen goes black and then the PC reboots itself. I couldn't find any solutions outside so I was hoping if someone could help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You provided no information.

Do you have an ARC card?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
taiga
Beginner

Here is my report.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello taiga

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing crashing issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

Based on the log file you provided, let's try updating the following:

In addition, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure all cables including the 6+8 Pin Power Connector are properly connected to the motherboard.
  • Try a minimal system configuration(motherboard, processor, one SSD, one RAM stick) and check if the same issue happens.

If the issue persists, let us know the following information:

• What is the Power Supply make, model, and wattage?
  • Does the issue happen with any game?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello taiga

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello taiga

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

Hello;

I'm new here, as I just bought an Intel ARC A770 a few days ago!

I have this same problem.

I bought the ARC A770, along with a Ryzen 7 7700X processor, 32GB DDR5-6000 Ram, and an ASRock Riptide B650E PG Motherboard (with latest BIOS), and a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB m.2 SSD with its latest Firmware.

I just built the PC yesterday, and so far the only thing that has been installed is a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro, the necessary Drivers, and a couple games such as Star Citizen, and Conan Exiles.

I spent a few hours testing this PC Build within Star Citizen last night, and not 10 - 15 minutes in, the system just suddenly went to a black screen... shut down, then rebooted.. all by itself.  While earlier today I played for around 25 - 30 minutes without issues.

However, just now, while playing Conan Exiles... not 10 - 15 minutes in... it just did the exact same thing again.

The PC suddenly powered down in the middle of game play, and rebooted.

What additional information can I provide to help resolve this?

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

I'm running ARC Driver 31.0.101.4314

I downloaded it two days ago, from here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/discrete-gpus/arc/software/drivers.html

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

I found the Intel System Support Utility; that was mentioned in a couple other Threads here...

So here is the report file from that, attached below!

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

I also just found the 31.0.101.4335 Driver.

I dunno why that website only gave me the previous version as the "current" one but I just downloaded 4335, and wiped the original and installed 4335.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello @Nazrex

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics.

Please open a new thread so we can continue helping you with personalized troubleshooting since the owner of this thread has not replied for a while this thread will be closed. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Nazrex
New Contributor I

@Hugo_Intel 

Thank you for replying!

I will start a new thread with my own info.

Will it be OK also put a link into it, to this thread... so you guys have a reference regarding the history of the problem?

Also, will it be OK to leave this thread open for just a few more days... as I'm replying from work, and won't be able to put together all the info I need to post, until at least tomorrow or Tuesday, and I would like to be able to refer back to this thread to see what I've already posted, vs what other driver versions I've tried.. since I posted.

0 Kudos