Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1537 Discussions

Problem Halo MCC: Reach

PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello,

I've purchased a A770 LE and tested a range of games (BF2042, Doom 3, Brink, HL2, Black Mesa, ET Quake Wars, pCARS 2, COD Moder Warfare II (2022), Halo Reach (MCC), Cyberpunk 2077, Zeno Clash, Prince of Persia (2008), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, ...) with it to get a feel for the status of the Arc drivers.

I've been quite surprised how good the drivers are across different APIs and games.

The only problem I've found so far is with Halo Reach (MCC). The A770 doesn't get used properly (low GPU clocks 600-900 MHz, and GPU usage (~35%).

This occurs on any driver (up to 3959) and I've already updated the BIOS of my Asus X570 mainboard and activated rBAR prior to purchasing the card. OS is the most current Win11 Pro.

I always do clean installs of newly released drivers.

I guess it's just some missing optimization regarding legacy APIs that's causing the problem, but wanted to give you a heads up nevertheless.

BR

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hugo_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues while playing Halo Reach.

Please let us know the following information in order to assist with this problem:

1.-Is this behavior that you describe causing any type of crash, glitch, or low-performance issue?

2.-Attach some screenshots or a short video showing this behavior and any other issue if applicable.

3.-Attach screenshots or a short video showing your in-game graphics settings.

4.-Where was the game downloaded from? (Steam, EPIC, Microsoft Store)

5.-Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the log file.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hello, here's the information you requested. I've just checked again and the problem is still there with driver 4034.

1. constant low performance - see screenshot attached (16FPS - not just drops, it's constantly this low)

2. see screenshot "performance" and 1.

3. see attachments

4. downloaded from Steam

5. see attachments

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Thank you for all the information provided. We will need to further research this issue, however, we would like to make sure that all of your software is up to date, upon checking the log file that you have shared with us, we noticed that the Bios on your motherboard is outdated. Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website and update the Bios to the latest version.

I see on your original post that you enabled Resizable BAR, however, after updating the Bios this setting might get disabled, so please make sure to re-enable it in the Bios once updated.

If the issue continues, please share with us the steps that you follow to reproduce this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
PKD-NeXuS
Novice

Hi,

as expected the small BIOS update didn't change anything.

The problem has been constantly there since day 1 and through all new driver releases. Therefore I can't really say certain steps to reproduce the problem.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello PKD-NeXuS

Thank you for all the information that you have provided so far. We will continue researching this issue and will post back as soon as I have an update to share with you or if we need more information. I appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
grfunkulus
Beginner

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem on my A370M laptop. This is not a thermal or power throttle limiting issue, as it does not occur in many, much more demanding titles. All of my settings are basically the same or similar to the topic creator and I see it most in certain Halo titles within the collection like Halo Reach (the one he screenshotted), although it is present in all of them to varying degrees. 

It almost seems like it is a bug or something because utilization and clocks will be reduced to the 600mhz level, which is near or at minimum, whenever you enter a large open area or are in the presence of a lot of AI that could tax the CPU. Again, there is plenty of additional power and thermal headroom for both the CPU and GPU, as this is not generally a demanding title. I have tried to increase the overall load on the GPU by maxing out the settings which on average does increase the gpu activity over a play session but does not decrease the bouts of prolonged time where the framerate is in the 10s or 20s and the utilization and GPU clocks are very low. 

0 Kudos