Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1540 Discussions

Repeatedly or weekly offered the same update

Soulaizza
Beginner

Hihi, I'm new here. I have a new Hp Pc with what looks like a special video card. I receive an update (Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH driver) message from Intel Driver & Support Assisten (IDSA) that requires me to agree to remove the drivers installed by Hp. I have agreed to the update in consultation with HP. In short, the same update has already been installed (2x) on the PC and the PC has been restarted. Yet I am repeatedly or weekly offered the same update. Am I doing something wrong? What is this about?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues

The issue you report could be due to a clash with Windows* Update and will occur even if the driver is manually updated from Download Center or via Intel® DSA. For now, the only way to stop the update notification from Intel® DSA is to hide that particular update

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What IDSA version you are using?
  • Provide us with the Intel® DSA Folders, including them in a zip file.
  • To gather information about your system, such as Operating System Built, Driver, and BIOS versions; please, create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Soulaizza
Beginner

Hihi,,, Thank you for your patience...I was busy...In the attachments you will find requested files...I hope you can help me with this...Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will look further into this scenario and provide a response at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

We appreciate your patience.

The Graphics team has split the integrated and discrete graphics drivers. If you are scanning now with the latest IDSA version v22.8.50, you shouldn't get an Intel Arc driver update offering anymore.

Please make sure you are using the latest IDSA version (found in settings), and also, refresh results on the IDSA scan page.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Soulaizza,

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos