Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1531 Discussions

Self screen recording is not available on HDR mode

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Arc Control > Studio > Capture

The error message pops up notifying :

Could not start Capture

HDR mode enabled for the selected monitor.

Is this a software or hardware limitation? If it is the former, we might get a driver update in the future for it to work; if it is the latter, we're done and it will never work with HDR?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

We understand that you are having issues with the capture option when the HDR mode is enabled.

We would like to further research this matter, to do so could you share the following:

• A screenshot showing the error message you receive.
  • A report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU).
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@RonaldM_Intel 

Dear Jean,

What the $&#*...... Do you know what b&((s^*t you are talking about?

Why should I send you a screenshot while it takes you only few key presses and few mouse clicks to see it for yourself. Are you telling me this is a special case that only happens on my machine or you are telling me that you guys don't even have a rig with Arc GPU installed for testing?

And why do you want people to send you SSU report every single time? It is so apparent that this issue has nothing to do with specific hardware/software configuration. It's just a small, simple, general problem. I don't know how you could be qualified as a "Customer Support Technician" as you don't even have the knowledge to identify such a simple thing.

Is this the way you treat the pioneer supporters of your first generation Arc product?

No wonder intel is not earning money.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Thanks for tagging me on this one @Suzie1818 

I see your frustration and understand it, I'll review this internally to improve our support processes.

Fortunately the new and improve Arc Control took care of the HDR recording limitation, and rest assured that we aren't stopping here, there are more updates coming soon so stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Hello Jean,

Well, don't bother anymore. I just installed the latest WHQL driver 4091 and it has been fixed. Now you can capture in HDR mode.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

We are glad to know you found a solution. Since the thread is solved, we will close it now. We also appreciate your participation in our Graphics Community and sharing your feedback.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel 

Sorry, I have to make some correction here. I just retested it.

Actually it is the updated Arc Control (version 1.64.4583.3) that fixed the issue, not the driver (version 31.0.101.4091) itself. If you customized the installation so that only the latest driver was installed, the old version of Arc Control (1.61.4387.4) would remain unable to capture self screen recording in HDR mode. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Suzie1818,

Thank you for the correction you have shared. We appreciate your commitment to reporting your experience with the Intel Arc products.

Note that Intel will no longer monitor this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos