Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1436 Discussions

Starfield Issues Arc A770 With Lastest 101.4824 Driver

DarkFrost1989
Novice

Hi Firstly, Thank You Very Much For Entering The Graphics Card Industry.Because I Belive İntel Created Best Quality Product For End User.I Have Arc A770 Graphic Card And I'm Very Glad For This Card's Performance

But I Have Problem With Starfield Game,2 Or 3 Driver Before Starfield Give Crash So Many Times,This Fixed By Lastest 101.4824 Driver
But Now If I Start And Play This Game, Game Crashed if I closed game's inventory menu or 5 Minute spending time ingame With Lastest 101.4824 Driver 

I Try Fix Change graphic setting and Clean İnstall Driver With DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), This İsnt Work For Me

Please Fix This Driver İssues With Bethesda And make the game playable.

My System İs

Intel Core i9 13900K Socket 1700

İntel Arc A770 256 Bit 16 GB Graphics Card

MSI MEG Z790 ACE Intel Z790 Socket 1700

MSI PSU MEG AI1300P PCIE5 1300W PSU

32 GB 7800 mhz G-skill Ram

Samsung 1TB 990 PRO NVMe2.0

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 Liquid Cooler

COOLER MASTER HAF 700 EVO Full Tower Chasis

Best Regards
Fatih Çakır

13 Replies
DKaszper
Novice

I would like confirm what DarkFrost1989 experienced.  Game is not playable at all now. I'm lucky because I have spare GTX 1060 , so I can swap devices . But many of us is using only Intel card atm. If software/drivers cannot be developed as it is done by competitors , what is de point to produce GPU cards at all ?

DarkFrost1989
Novice

Sadly Today I Download New 101.4826 Driver And This Doesnt Fix Starfield Game Crash İssue

0 Kudos
DKaszper
Novice

Version 101.4826 is better , now I can play longer . I'm not talking about hours , but minutes.  Game is not crashing in items and skill menus anymore,  but still is unstable.  I was able to play in Atlantis city about 10-20 minutes maybe till next crash. Before it was about 2 min.  So I see a progress somewhere . 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello DarkFrost1989

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We know there have been several issues when trying to play Starfield on your Arc GPUs and we know this can be frustrating, at the same time, we are putting a lot of effort in trying to improve the overall experience of this game.

Based on your post the game is crashing around every 5 minutes or after closing the inventory menu is this 100% always happening, based on the post from @DKaszper now it happens with longer sessions and is not crashing in menus. We would like to know the exact way the game is crashing and steps to check if the issue can be reproduced from our side as well as if there is any error message or if it is just a crash to desktop. If possible sharing a video would be better.

In addition, we would like to know the graphics settings you are using we at the moment recommend using the High preset for better stability as well as having Resizable BAR enabled for better performance and compatibility.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

DKaszper
Novice

Hi
In user's  Appdata\Local is a Starfield folder are all messages from the crash. I've checked  it briefly and does not contain any sensitive  data , fill free to see if you can find any interesting there.

Previous crashes were as well during loads , sometimes the loading ring was stooping and few sec later hello desktop again. 
Now game just  freezes for a sec and again desktop. No errors , nothing.

Br

Daniel

DarkFrost1989
Novice

The latest driver 101.4826 did not fix any bugs for me, I Have Many Problem with starfield and 101.4826 intel driver and before

my first problem is if ı change my game quality setting game screen is fully broken with black line, only if ı change graphic settings (Ultra) This Problem Fix temporary.

if ı change again high screen settings, right side and bottom have black line and blue light,Game just Good Working Ultra Settings

my ss is down here (click to enlarge the picture)

This İs Low Quality

Game Settings (Low Quality) 1.gif

This İs Medium Quality

Game Settings (Medium Quality) 1.gif

This İs High Quality

Game Settings (High Quality) 1.gif

This İs Ultra Quality (Game Screen İsnt Broken Ultra Quality)

Game Settings (Ultra Quality) 1.gif

Second Problem is Game İs Working Smootly But İf I Play 5 Minute Game Stuck 1-2 seconds And Crash Randomly

I Send Video For Analyzing (Game Crashed 1.03 Minute)
Lastes Problem İs Game Crashed inventory menu Same like my sending video

And I Send My Lastest Crash Log Here, My Resizable BAR Always Open

Please Fix This Problems, We Belive You
Best Regards
Fatih Çakır.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello @DarkFrost1989, @DKaszper

Thank you for sharing the information related to these crashes. So from what I see the game would crash 1-2 minutes after loading a save game and also after closing the inventory menu. We will look further at this problem but first I would like to confirm, Where was the game downloaded from? Is this the Steam version or the Microsoft Store version?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DKaszper
Novice

Today I had game crash sometimes after opening manu Q (Items, maps,skills etc) to be precise ,  when I tried to close menu.
Game is PC version from Steam.
My specs are in DXDIAG file if needed.

In game inside of buildings , flying in the space game is rock solid.  I think that happens when static screen is changed to game screen.   Some people noticed that frame rate may have something in common.  But they can set fps limit only on Nvidia devices.  Here is set same like screen refresh rate is..,

br

D.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel

Hello everyone

Thank you for the information. We will continue our investigation, please know we are putting a lot of effort into this game to try to fix as many issues as possible, at the moment we cannot commit to a specific outcome but we will post back once we have an update on this problem. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
DKaszper
Novice

Hi,
One more hint
Game is crashing every time when i switching  between game window and browser for example.

Br

D.

0 Kudos
Icabaud
Novice

Hello,

I am having the same issue as well and wanted to chime in with my observations that align with much of what DKaszper previously said. There's two things that seem to increase the likelihood the game will hang then CTD. I only have experience with this game on the 4826 driver.

1) Changing scenes. Going in\out of the ship, in\out of a building, launching into space, grav jump, accessing ship inventory while on board, accessing research or crafting stations, vendors, travelling via NAT, cutscenes...etc. I can usually get away with ~2-3 of these in any combination before I know the next one will cause it to crash or crash shortly after.

2) Going into the Inventory\Map\Skills menus. Similar to above, I can usually get away with ~2 of these before the game instantly crashes when I escape out or within 2 minutes thereof.

I do get the occasional random crash even if I don't do any of these things but the above two categories of actions are guaranteed to cause it in short order. Doesn't seem to make any difference if I have the settings on Low or Ultra. I'm confident it will get sorted out.

For reference my system:

Intel Core i9 13900K

İntel Arc A770 256 Bit 16 GB Graphics Card

64 GB 4800 mhz Kingston Fury Impact RAM

Samsung 2TB 980 PRO NVMe2.0 (C:)

WD Black 4TB SN850X NVMe2.0 (D: where games are installed)

Intel NUC 13 Extreme Board\Case\PSU

Br

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Gavoux
Beginner

I am having the same issue as well and wanted to chime in with my observations that align with much of what  previously said. There's two things that seem to increase the likelihood the game will hang then CTD. I only have experience with this game on the 4826 driver.

1) Changing scenes. Going in\out of the ship, in\out of a building, launching into space, grav jump, accessing ship inventory while on board, accessing research or crafting stations, vendors, travelling via NAT, cutscenes...etc. I can usually get away with ~2-3 of these in any combination before I know the next one will cause it to crash or crash shortly after.

2) Going into the Inventory\Map\Skills menus. Similar to above, I can usually get away with ~2 of these before the game instantly crashes when I escape out or within 2 minutes thereof.

I confirm all above. Much Crashes between Changing scenes. I solve inventory crash problem with mod Undelayted Menus (no more inventory crashes) Also i get some frames with mod for  xess support mod. 

Notes

There is very bad performance on some locations (like New Atlantis ( outer city location 29 - 37 - LOW/MEDIUM/HIGHT settings does not mater the difference is 1-3 FPS) and my cpu used in 4% (almost not used) instead GPU use 100% / No optimization on arc770 !!! ( xbox game bar informations).
At the last i setup my System Virtual Memory to 32GB ( Fewer Crashes). 

I use latest drivers 31.0.101.4826

and latest Starfield version 1.7.33

0 Kudos
Gavoux
Beginner

I am having the same issue as well and wanted to chime in with my observations that align with much of what DKaszper previously said. There's two things that seem to increase the likelihood the game will hang then CTD. I only have experience with this game on the 4826 driver.

I confirm all of the above 

Some Fixes
   Menu Crashes solved with Undelay Menu Mod from nexus
   Setup SystemVirtual memory on 32GB cause few crashes
   Nexus xess mod improve fps
   Low - Medium-Hight Graphics Presets - Change performance Only 1-3 FPS on Outer Locations of New Atlantis (Bad Optimization) 
   Nexus mod remove Shadows and GTAO Cause 60 FPS zero crashes BUT very ugly graphics (I don't recommend it)
   Remove TAA improve performance with some graphice glitches (I don't recommend it)  

GAMEBAT STATICS
   GPU 100%
   CPU 4% ( Almost not use - BAD OPTIMIZATION)

Driver Version: 31.0.101.4826
Starfield Version: 1.7.33

0 Kudos