Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1616 Discussions

There is zero documentation about Intel Arc Control software, and the descriptions are vague.

P1ne
Novice

Trying to learn how to use my new A750 and its drivers/software. All of the descriptions in Arc are super vague, and I'm unable to find technical documentation about it. Intel's own chat bot is unaware of Arc Control and Smart VSync and just links to a marketing page that gives zero useful information. Intel® Arc™ Control Software

What is "Driver Boost"? What does it actually do?

What is "Game Compatibility"? What does it actually do? What is the difference between recommended, basic, and advanced?

How TF do I force Smart VSync or Smooth Sync on?

How do I force the GPU to run at full power mode? For example Nvidia Control Panel can enable "prefer maximum performance" per-application. (This tells the GPU to never downclock, boost still works)

Been trying to enable Smart VSync and Smooth Sync for Kingdom Come: Deliverance for a few days now. With the last drivers and the latest (4146). Still can't get them to enable. Sure would be nice if there was a manual with technical documentation or a help page.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello P1ne

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We appreciate your feedback in regard to the lack of documentation for Intel® Arc™ Control Software. Please check the following detail for some of the functions on ARC Control.

Intel® Arc™ Graphics Gaming Technologies

Driver Boost

I will check internally if there is any information available for the game compatibility feature that can be shared with you as well as the maximum performance option that you mentioned.

As for the issue with Smart VSync and Smooth Sync for Kingdom Come: Deliverance I would advise opening a new thread to get specific troubleshooting for the game itself as this thread will focus on the features in Arc Control based on the title and in order to prevent confusion to future community peers that might check the thread information.

I will post back once I have an update for you regarding the functions of ARC Control.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
P1ne
Novice

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate the links, however the driver boost page just gives the same description that is in the driver. "Enabling "Opt into Driver Boost" will update the drivers with the latest optimizations for games/apps and it will improve the performance/stability. This applies to Intel® Integrated Graphics and Intel® Arc™ Graphics."

Not to be rude but the gaming technologies page is just marketing, I already own an Arc GPU, I already know that these features are available, so that page does nothing to answer my questions.

I am asking is how do these technologies work specifically on a technical level. That description is vague. I am a technical user and I'm looking for a technical explanation. Do the moderators here not understand that 99% of the people buying an Arc GPU is a computer enthusiast? That means that we build our own computers, install drivers ourselves, update motherboard BIOS ourselves. We overclock our CPUs, RAM, and GPUs. If my PC breaks I know how to troubleshoot and fix it. We are very technically literate, I want to know all the nitty gritty nerdy stuff about this driver. And ya'll just linking vague descriptions and marketing pages is pretty frustrating.

If you would like you can close this thread and reply here instead https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/What-exactly-does-Driver-Boost-amp-Game-Compatibilty-Settings-do/m-p/1459389#M1918

That guy has the same questions as I do and we have clearly made our case in the thread as to what we are asking for.

About Kingdom Come: Deliverance I will just make a new thread about that specifically, TBH it just seems like the driver doesn't yet play nicely with Cryengine.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello P1ne

Thank you for your patience. I have an update for you in regard to the information about the features from Intel® Arc™ that you want to know about. Find below the available information that we can share with you:

What is "Driver Boost"? What does it actually do?

Enables dynamic profile optimizations (e.g. specific game settings) to be pushed remotely to the PC. Basically, we have some application profiles that can improve performance or fix issues that do not require a new driver update if this is enabled and we can allow them to be pushed dynamically.

What is "Game Compatibility"? What does it actually do? What is the difference between recommended, basic, and advanced?

Game Compatibility mode applies solutions to problems we find in games when tested internally to games that Intel hasn’t tested (e.g. registry mods). It’s used to resolve functional issues, mainly crashes, and corruptions. Advanced mode has more elaborate solutions to help resolve problems, but the changes may impact performance.

How do I force Smart VSync or Smooth Sync on?

Should just set it in the per-game settings and also make sure you disable vsync in the application.

How do I force the GPU to run at full power mode? For example, Nvidia Control Panel can enable "prefer maximum performance" per application.

Arc Control in Performance Tuning option - could tweak settings for GPU boost but it is not exactly as making the GPU run at full power all the time.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello P1ne

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello P1ne

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos