Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Latest news and activity surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics. Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards!
209 Discussions

% Utilization of CPU jumps high for a few moments

Medicronos
Beginner

I use my PC most of the time to develop and listen to music while developing. My PC specs: Asus Prime Z690-A, i9-12900K, 32 GB Ram. Since I installed an Intel Arc A770 the % Utilization of CPU jumps high for a few moments every time that I restored a minimized program or launch a new one. This “jump” interrupts the music and is very annoying. I reinstalled Windows, updated drivers, disabled antivirus, etc. and the only working solution was to disable the Arc A770 and enabled the integrated GPU. What can I do to use the A770 again?

8 Replies
Jordan6
Novice

Hi,

Also, having the same issue. Where there is sudden high CPU utilisation which interrupts audio in all outputs (USB and 3.5mm jacks). Tried the same troubleshooting as you (and updated BIOS) and came to the same conclusion that it was the GPU causing the issue. I have a 12700k (which has integrated graphics), when I disable my Arc A770 and use only the CPU graphics, the problem goes away, no 'jumps' or spikes in utilisation and no audio issues. 

EndBase
New Contributor I

Yeah have the same issues with the latest 2 drivers tbh every time I start Fortnite or Rocket league my CPU goes wild.

And music interupts for short period when I start my browser......

Jean_Intel

Hello Medicronos, Jordan6, and EndBase,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing CPU utilization issues affecting the audio. We appreciate your patience.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What are the applications affected by this issue?
  • Did you check if any other heavy-workload programs are running in the background?
  • What type of program causes the audio issue once you open them? Are they heavy-workload programs?
  • If possible, provide us with a video showing the step-by-step of the issue. It will help us with issue reproduction purposes.
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU). This report will gather information about your system, such as Operating System Built, Driver, BIOS versions, etc. 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello Medicronos,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Jean_Intel

Hello Medicronos,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Jean_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We want to investigate this issue, and your inputs are extremely helpful.

Can you please confirm if the issue occurs when using an older driver? per example, 31.0.101.3490 (it is just to test, you can go back to the latest driver after testing it).

We need the SSU from affected systems as well. If you need the steps to create the report, we listed them in a previous post.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Medicronos
Beginner

Thank you for answering my request.
This issue was present in previous driver versions. The problem is reduced a lot in the current version, but still is it present.
I usually find the problem when:
-A simple double click over a small jpeg file that load the Windows 11 Photos program.
-When I scroll a web page that include an autoplay video at the bottom, at the moment that the browser tries to play the video.

Jean_Intel

Hello Medicronos,

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.