Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

low performance alan wake 2 pc

addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good morning to the Intel community.

I'm David, I have a problem with low performance of Alan Wake 2 on PC, This game is very demanding, but I would like a solution through performance improvements drivers, it runs 29 to 35 FPS all in ultra with ray tracing turned off, I repeat it is a game very demanding, it requires a superior GPU, and superior is the one I have, the Intel Arc A770 16GB VRAM is the superior, the top of the range, the developers say that this game is optimized, but it requires a fairly powerful and superior GPU, that's why I say that we need you to improve the performance through drivers, at least my gupu should go all in ultra at more than 60 FPS, and with low or medium ray tracing as you see because that Intel GPU has 16GB VRAM and greater memory width Arc A770 should move it a lot, In the video I explain the configuration issue as it was default and if I put it ultra ultra without ray tracing 25 FPS, that performance is quite poor, if I get more than 60 FPS in ultra I am 100% sure that I will be able to activate ray tracing in low and If it still maintains that FPS I could shoot in the middle and that would be fine for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbH8uiw4eNM 

Greetings

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. Since you are having low performance issues between 29 to 35 FPS all in ultra with ray tracing turned off while playing Alan Wake 2 with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, To better understand the situation, please answer the following questions and I will be more than happy to help you:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

The graphics card is an Intel brand, that is, Intel Arc A770 16GB LE, I sent you videos of the performance and also the files, please look at it carefully, I repeat that game is demanding and of course my Intel Arc A770 16GB LE graphics is the top of the range, which should go ultra ultra at more than 60 FPS, and with ray tracing in the middle at 60 FPS more or less, please check the thank you messages 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your clarification and for sharing the Intel® SSU.

Please follow the steps below and let me know the results:

• I see you are running the latest graphics driver, did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) before installing the driver 31.0.101.5081? Otherwise, follow the article How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver.
  • We always recommend having the BIOS up to date, since it may help to improve the graphics card performance, stability, and compatibility. I noticed there is a new version 2001, install this version, if you need guidance you can contact ASUS.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

If I used the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) program with clean uninstallation, and reinstalled the latest version of Intel Arc A770 LE drivers, I updated the bios a while ago and that does not improve stability and performance improves only in terms of the bios and other things, It does not improve the games, that is, it only improves the system and other things but not the games, poor performance of Alan Wake 2 persists, We need drivers more performance improvements, I hope that with that information it will be useful, the steps that you said and still underperform

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your response and for completing the steps.

I watched the video and that will help us in case we need it to replicate the issue. I will start with an investigation to provide you with the next steps as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the investigation, can you tell which store the game was bought from?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Sorry, I bought the game at Epic Games in Alan Wake 2, I was wrong, I'm sorry.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your answer. 

Now I will continue with the investigation, and we will start with the issue replication, as soon I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the investigation, and we will continue with the issue replication, as soon I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your patience.

We have been working on the issue replication, and we hope to have the results soon, I will let you know about it as soon as possible.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good night

Okay, I'll wait for the final result. I also need you to improve all DirectX 11, Vulkan and 12 games, my Intel Arc A770 graphics should surpass the RTX 3060 Ti more or less between 7% and 10% in gaming performance, Without further ado I wait for the results to work hard I like it

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your time.

We still working on the issue replication, as soon as I have the results I will let you know.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon

Ok, I'm waiting and waiting, and also in Red Dead Redemption 2 in DirectX 12, you already know, tell me some news

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

We are working hard on both issues to find a solution as soon as possible, any update related to the Red Dead Redemption 2 issue will be posted to the following thread, low performance 1 FPS DirectX 12 Red Dead Redemption 2.

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for all your waiting time.

We have been working on the investigation and replication of this issue, I want to let you know that this is a very graphically demanding game, when comparing 1440p @ High presets FPS performance with RTX 4060 vs A770 LE the Intel GPU is coming on top (without enabling DLSS) so for 60 FPS you may need a more powerful GPU.

You can find below a screenshot attached about the FPS comparison of our test.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

I already know that the game is demanding, and requires more GPU power, but that performance is not even close to me, something will have to be done

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello addelucas123,

I understand that you would like this graphics card to be running this game at higher FPS, but the performance it is having with this demanding game at 1440p high presets is expected. That is why for 60 FPS you may need a more powerful GPU.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good evening,

Ok but this will continue to be reported the same, until it improves in any way, And on the other hand, send comments Red Dead Redemption 2, please comment

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

What's more, check the videos that I sent you carefully because I play FHD 1080p and it doesn't even reach 60 FPS, something has to be done, I repeat I play it 1920x1080, not 1440p that is 2K, I only play 1920x1080 FHD, so something has to be done, and it is the most powerful to date Intel Arc A770 LE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbH8uiw4eNM&t=1s&ab_channel=DavidDeLucasRuiz 

0 Kudos