Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1598 Discussions

main monitor switches off-on (black screen) since installing latest arc-driver

keepi
Beginner

i have a new issue on my NUC with ARC770: after i installed the latest driver my main display switches off-on due normal desktop use. 

screen is a 4k samsung attached with DP. the other 2 screens does not experience this issue. 

as this happens since the driver-update, the new driver seems to be fishy in places.....

unfortunally this problem is super-annoying and there seems to be no real troubleshooting possible.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing flickering screen issues after updating to the latest driver on your Intel® Arc™ A770 GPU.

Let's try uninstalling the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled and while in safe mode install again the latest version of the driver 31.0.101.4314.

I see that you mentioned the issue does not happen on older drivers, Could you please also test the driver 31.0.101.4255 and confirm if rolling back to the older version resolves the issue?

Also, please test each monitor individually and check if the issue can be replicated.

If the issue persists, we would like to get more information on the hardware configuration, with all monitors connected to the system, generate the following reports, and attach them to your reply:

Intel® System Support Utility

Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC)

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
keepi
Beginner

thank you for your answer!

a few more details on this issue:

* issue never happens when 3d is active (game running), only on windows desktop

* i never seen the flicker happen when i set the displays to clone

* flicker only happens on the NUC.  my notebook has no issues on the same display.

* i can only make the display work on the "left" DP-port. (hdmi works too, but i need that one for my other display)

* display-power off on system shutdown is not working, i have to manually switch off the display

all this issues happen only on the combination NUC+ARC770 and the samsung LU32H850UMU.

the DELL U2412M has zero issues, works on all ports, switches off, no flicker, nothing.

dedicated driver for the LU32 is installed, even if that is usually not really needed.....

all the other small issues were there from the start, the flicker came with the last driver-update.

i also tried 3 different DP cables, effects are the same with all cables. cables work fine on other systems.

over all: this is one of the strangest problems i've seen in a long time, and i actually earn my money with that kind of stuff.

i did not tinker with the drivers so far due the lack of time. i may have time for that next week.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

Thank you for the information. Let us know the results once you are able to test the driver that I recommended in my previous post and there is also a newer driver version 31.0.101.4369 that just cam out, I would advise trying that one as well. Do the installation of the driver using Display Driver Uninstaller.

We are also missing the log files from the system, share them with us once you have spare time to create them.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
keepi
Beginner

Hey Hugo,

the latest driver (.4369) seems to have fixed it. Effect is gone so far, i hope it does not come back.

I may have not been the only one with issues with this driver....

Thank you for your help! I'll keep an eye on it. Thumbs crossed.....

Regards,

Keepi

0 Kudos
keepi
Beginner

Problem is back.

OMG.... this is soooo annoying!

OK. Next step is the old driver.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

Yes. In this case, let's try the older driver version 31.101.4255 just as testing to check if the issue happens on that one. Once tested, share with us the reports from Intel® System Support Utility, and Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) to further assist with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
keepi
Beginner

Old driver is active, and running so far. (Yay?)

I did a bit of testing yesterday.

Problem is even more strange than I thought. Flicker only occours with 4k resolution. Every other setting seem to work just fine.

Guys.... please fix this.

Regards,

Keepi

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

Is t confirmed the issue only happens on 4K? and is this regardless of the driver installed? What is the refresh rate that you have set up?

Also, in order to continue researching this issue we will need the reports we requested in previous posts, please attach them to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

Please share with us the information requested in our previous post so we can further assist with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello keepi

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos