Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

many games won't start with my INTEL ARC A770

MOREAUCSULB
Beginner

Hello,

I recently purchased an ARC a770 from microcenter.

Unfortunately many of my games fail to start.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 works perfectly, same for league of legends but fortnite crashes when starting a game, Black Ops 3 can't start, Cold war either, Black Ops either.

I specify that I have activated the Resizable Bar and my bios are up to date.

I don't know what to do to solve this problem

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MOREAUCSULB,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when gaming with your Intel® Arc™ A770.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you receive any error messages when trying to open the games? If so, provide us a screenshot of the error message you receive.
  • Did the games use to work as expected before?
  • Are you running the game's latest version?
  • Is the issue present if you try a different driver version?
  • What distribution service did you get the games from (for example Steam / Origin / Epic / XboxGamePass / UbisoftConnect)?
  • We would like to gather more information about your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue, so please, provide us with a report using the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
QMOtt
Beginner

Hi Jean,

I just stumbled across this thread, and I have been having similar issues. I would be happy to answer so of the questions so we can hopefully resolve the issue.

To have a understanding of the big picture:

I have an Intel Arc A770 according to Intel Arc Control I have the current most up to date drivers which were released on January 24th driver version 31.0.101.4091

The entire PC was build in January and overall my experience has been positive. 

However today is when I ran into my first major issue. I purchased and downloaded COD Black Ops Cold War on Steam, and immediately after a fresh download it crash on first launch. I verified the game files, and confirmed that my graphics drivers were updated. Hopefully you can provide more insight.

Attached is the .txt from the requested Intel System Support Utility

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MOREAUCSULB,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MOREAUCSULB,

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MOREAUCSULB

Thank your reports, we have already filed a Bur report regarding the issues, and you can expect fixes for these bugs in upcoming driver updates. We are currently working under the following:

• Bug ID#16018894233: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War game crashes during launch
  • Bug ID#14018219882: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 crashes on or hang on launch

Also, the original Black Ops game is Dx9, and we are working hard to improve compatibility with older titles.

Unfortunately, since this process requires further effort on our part, we are unable to commit to a deadline or update for a fix to be implemented in a new driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MOREAUCSULB,

I will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos