cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

8MP front facing camera usage

Hi,

How can I access the 8MP front facing CSI camera to stream using gstreamer?

I've read this page but there isn't really a mention of it: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/06-Cameras-and-Video 06 Cameras and Video · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub

I tried a command similar to: sudo gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video13 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw, format=YUY2, width=640, height=480, framerate=15/1 ! autovideoconvert ! vaapih264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.147 port=5600

(with my IP obviously) and tried different /dev/video* ports but it hasn't really worked.

Which device is it on?

Thanks

Dion

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Dion,

Thank you for your interest in Intel® Aero Compute Board.

Could you please provide more details about your set-up?

Where are you trying to open the stream: directly on the drone or on a remote computer?

If it is a remote computer, please make sure it is connected to the drone's access point properly.

Also, please make sure that you are changing the video settings in QGC: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/06-Cameras-and-Video

Did you try /dev/video0?

What isn't really working when you are running that command?

Could you please provide the output that you receive?

Any additional information that could help us to identify the problem would be much appreciated.

Regards,

George
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

HI George,

I'm just attempting to start the UDP or RTSP stream on the aero directly so I can receive it elsewhere. \

I'd like to run a command similar to

sudo gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw, format=YUY2, width=640, height=480, framerate=15/1 ! autovideoconvert ! vaapih264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.147 port=5600

but i get this error with it exiting immediately:

aero@ubuntu-aero:~$ sudo gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw, format=YUY2, width=640, height=480, framerate=15/1 ! autovideoconvert ! vaapih264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=192.168.1.147 port=5600

[sudo] password for aero:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0

libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0

libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so

libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39

libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...

Got context from element 'vaapiencodeh264-0': gst.vaapi.Display=context, gst.vaapi.Display=(GstVaapiDisplay)NULL;

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

New clock: GstSystemClock

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Device '/dev/video0' cannot capture at 640x480

Additional debug info:

gstv4l2object.c(3458): gst_v4l2_object_set_format_full (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:

Call to S_FMT failed for YUYV @ 640x480: Invalid argument

Execution ended after 0:00:01.030384570

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Setting pipeline to READY ...

Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Freeing pipeline ...

aero@ubuntu-aero:~$

I also stopped csd so it wasn't interfering (systemctl stop csd).

Running the command with video13 works fine! just not video0.

I'm familiar with QGC, the the issue doesn't lay there.

Just can't open the front facing camera...

Cheers

Dion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Dion,

This is a known issue with the 8MP camera that the engineering team is looking into.

You can find a sample app that can be used to capture a frame from the 8MP camera but unfortunately, it is too dark.

https://github.com/intel-aero/sample-apps/tree/master/hd-camera https://github.com/intel-aero/sample-apps/tree/master/hd-camera

Best regards,

George
0 Kudos