cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Additional R200 Realsense Camera

Hello

I tried to install an additional R200 realsense camera to my RTF via USB3.0 port.

(I used USB3.0 OTG connector to connect that.)

However, when I tried "cpp-muticam.cpp" example sample code, only the original R200 camera

can be detected.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/examples/cpp-multicam.cpp librealsense/cpp-multicam.cpp at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

I have been checked the above example code works fine on my Ubuntu16.04 PC connected with two R200 camera via USB3.0 Hub.

Is there any limitation for using additional USB3.0 R200 camera with yacto OS layer on RTF?

Jun Furukawa

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi JunFurukawa,

You should be able to connect the RealSense R200 camera to the USB3.0 OTG port on the Aero Compute board and run the cpp-multicam. I ran a quick test with and i was able to see both RealSense cameras with the cpp-multicam example.

Please note that a powered USB 3.0 hub is required for the RealSense cameras.

Regards,

Jesus
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have been using USB3.0 HUB which can supply power up to 20W.

However, my additional R200 could not be recogonized with "cpp-multicam" example (on my RTF with firmware v1.5.1) .

Could you tell me what USB3.0 HUB you are using and what is your firmware version?

Best, Regards

Jun Furukawa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jun,

I am using an Anker hub that we purchased from Amazon. The Intel Aero is running image v1.5.1 with bios v01.00.13.I noticed some error messages when connecting the RealSense camera after the board boots. The messages went away when connecting the RealSense camera prior to powering the board.

There are some known issues with the RealSense camera not working correctly when using different cables and/or hubs. You can find RealSense reported bugs here: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for your detailed suggestion.

We can buy Anker's hub also in Japan.

Therefore, I will retry after buying that.

Best Regards

Jun Furukawa.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jun,

Glad I can help. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos