cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALiu32
Beginner

Aero Compute Board not booting

Hello!

I'm having a strange problem with the board.

One of the aero compute board (Stand alone, not RTF) stopping booting up. There's no output on the HDMI and it's not broadcasting any network. The board was working fine before we had a hard landing. Below are the LED statuses, please let me know what is wrong.

"The processor power on LED" is green, "M.2 Power ON LED" is green, the "Tricolor LED User Programmable" is green, the "Flight controller connected LED" is also green although I don't have any flight controllers connected.

On the bottom side, the "Processor GPIO LED" is orange, the "PMIC power OK LED" is green, "FPGA Program Loaded LED" is Green, "M.2 SSD Active LED" is OFF.

Just discovered that the USB port is not even supplying power...

Thank you!

Ash

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Ash,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Compute Board.

Your request has been received and is currently being investigated.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Casandra
idata
Community Manager

Hello Ash,

Thank you for your patience.

My suggestion would be that you try adjusting the SSD/test with a different SSD if this is possible and this way see if the light is detected with a different or modified SSD.

The next step if this does not work, is to re-flash the image.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Casandra
ALiu32
Beginner

Hi Casandra

Are you talking about SSD as the M2. interface for the PCle SSD? Nothing is attached to that port...

idata
Community Manager

Hello AshL,

I was first thinking that this might be an issue with the fact that the "M.2 SSD Active LED" is OFF, but we did a test to check the lights, and the SSD LED light doesn't need to be on to function, so the light color isn't the issue for this.

Regarding the HDMI output issue, could you please double check with a different cable/monitor, to double check the components?

Regarding the network broadcasting please check out the following community thread:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/08-Aero-Network-and-System-Administration# networking-wifi

I hope this helps, let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Regards,

Casandra
idata
Community Manager

Hello AshL,

Can you tell me if the above mentioned steps were helpful?

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Regards,

Casandra
TWann1
Beginner

Hi Casandra,

Is there any update on this topic?

I have a similar problem to the description above. Sometime the Intel Aero Board doesn't boot and the statuses of the LEDs are the same as Ash describes them and sometimes the "PMIC power OK LED" doesn't shine green and the Board isn't boot neither. Is it possible, that there is any problem with the power management? Is there a process to evaluate the problem?

Many Thanks and Regards,

Tobias