cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Broke GPS and drone can not flight

Jump to solution

During my indoor tests with Intel Aero Drone, I broke the GPS rod and smashed the GPS and compass module. Now I just took the whole module off since I don't use it indoors. But I can not arm the rotors since the QGroudControl says preflight failed, no GPS and mag. So I was wondering how should I set the parameters for the flight controllers in QGC to unlock the GPS and compass, so I can still arm the drone without plugging in the GPS and compass module? Is there a way to keep my tests without plugging this GPS module? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, There is another thing you can try before purchasing another GPS module. If you set the parameter "ATT_W_MAG" to "0" it will avoid using the magnetometer. Unfortunately, if this will fail you will need to purchase another module and replace the broken one. Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. The "COM_ARM_WO_GPS" parameter will allow you to arm the motors without the GPS module. For more information, please check: https://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
Hi Eliza, The issue is that I take off the GPS and compass module from the Intel Drone. The "COM_ARM_WO_GPS" parameter is not able to arm the motors since mag 0 is not found. Is there a way to arm the motors without this module? Thanks. *Best,* *Zhu Chen, graduate student.* *Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering* *University at Buffalo, * *NY, 14261,* *(716)907-3904*
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, There is another thing you can try before purchasing another GPS module. If you set the parameter "ATT_W_MAG" to "0" it will avoid using the magnetometer. Unfortunately, if this will fail you will need to purchase another module and replace the broken one. Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos