cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Calibrating BMI160 on Intel Aero

Jump to solution

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to calibrate the BMI160 IMU on the Intel Aero. When performing the calibration process through QGroundControl, I believe that the MPU 6050 IMU located on the flight controller is being calibrated. I would like to know how to calibrate the BMI160 located on the compute board. I am reading the values from the IMU and printing them out and it looks like a calibration is needed due to the constant changing of the accelerometer values. I know they should not always be at 0 when the Aero is stationary and that it can change values while stationary, but the values I'm getting without moving the drone range from 0 all the way to around 500. I do not think that is normal which is why I think the BMI160 needs to be calibrated. The gyroscope values are also changing when stationary but the changes are not as high as the accelerometer values.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Calibrating BMI160 on Intel Aero

Jump to solution

Hi JorgeG,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

The BMI160 is not used by the flight controller, therefore it is not used by QGroundControl. You can build and run the PX4 or Ardupilot firmware on the Aero Compute Board and use the on-board sensors. However, we don't have instructions to do this but give it a try and share your results with the community. Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Jump to solution

Hi JorgeG,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

The BMI160 is not used by the flight controller, therefore it is not used by QGroundControl. You can build and run the PX4 or Ardupilot firmware on the Aero Compute Board and use the on-board sensors. However, we don't have instructions to do this but give it a try and share your results with the community. Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi JorgeG,

Was my answer helpful?

Do you have further questions?

Regards,

Alexandra