Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LHern3
Beginner

Can I connect Pixhawk 2 with a Intel aero computer board?

Hello

I would like to know if there is a way to connect Pixhawk 2 and intel aero computer, to have interaction with each other, in order to use the vision module while flying

Regards.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't know about Pixhawk 2, but there was a discussion recently about how to connect up a Pixhawk 1 to Aero with custom cabling. This may be of use to you.

There is also an Intel PDF document on connecting a Pixhawk 1 to Aero.

LHern3
Beginner

Hello Marty

Thanks for the info, I followed the conversation and read the pdf, I already make the custom wire and connect the Pixhawk and HUART, but now I have a problem, trying to flash the AeroFC it send me an error:

Then trying to perform a test from your youtube channel, called Hello World Motor Control, it just freeze, I just can't make them communicate with each other:

Here is a pictures of the conection

Greetings

MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This issue is outside of my knowledge unfortunately. A drone-experienced support agent such as Intel_Jesus could likely provide better advice about this than I can.

I did attempt to research your problem carefully though and found this:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/issues/133 Can't update px4 firmware with 1.3.1 · Issue # 133 · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero · GitHub

idata
Community Manager

Thanks MartyG for all the input you have provided!

Luis,

The AeroFC firmware is meant for the flight controller on the Aero Ready-to-Fly Drone not the pixhawk FC connected this way to Aero. You will need to update the Pixhawk flight controlelr separately then use mavlink to communicate between the two.

Let me look into my configuration file and get back to you. I remember changing a parameter somewhere.

Regards,

Jesus

LHern3
Beginner

Thanks MartyG

Ok Jesus I already update the Pixhawk 2 separately and calibrate it with Qgroundcontrol, now I wait for your help to achive communication between the intel RTF and Pixhawk 2 with the help Mavlink

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Hi Luis,

Alright, I found the configuration file you need to update! The file is located at /etc/mavlink-router/main.conf. You will need to add the baud rate 57600 to the [UartEndpoint uart] section.

Also, I had to have a button connected to switch port and pressed it to switch modes in order to arm the motors. This may be a configuration on pixhawk but I am not an expert on Pixhawk FC. :)

You can find additional information on connecting the flight controllers on the wiki:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/93-(References)-Pixhawk-FC

I ran the test with the dronekit example on the wiki:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/04-Autonomous-drone-programming-in-Python# hello-world-in-dronekit

Regards,

Jesus
LHern3
Beginner

Thanks Jesus

It works, they communicate with each other, now I can continue with my project.

Regards