cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshDavisNC
Beginner

Can't Calibrate Radio, "Detected 0 radio channels"

Jump to solution

I ran aero-fc-update to update the PX4 firmware. That worked and aero-get-version.py reports "AeroFC Firmware Version = 1.6.5".

I installed QGroundControl on an Android tablet and connected it to my drone WiFi. I configured the airframe and calibrated the sensors with no problems, but can't configure or calibrate the radio. The error I get is "Detected 0 radio channels. To operate PX4, you need at least 5 channels."

Googling the error message led me to a discussion where someone said changing the value for SYS_AUTOSTART fixed this problem for them. I looked to see what it is for me and it's set to 4070, which Google tells me is the correct value for "Intel Aero Ready to Fly Drone" airframe, but it's displayed in red. If this value needs to change, then I have no idea what it should be.

Any ideas what my problem is? Could it be my tablet -- do I need a special tablet with some kind of radio receiver or should any tablet work?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Octavian_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

If Radio Calibration says it has detected 0 channels then it means that the firmware is not sending any RC_CHANNELS mavlink messages.

You can try the steps shown in this thread: http://discuss.px4.io/t/detected-0-radio-channels-to-operate-px4-you-need-at-least-5-channels/2992/4 Detected 0 radio channels. To operate PX4, you need at least 5 channels - Configuration and Flight Modes - PX4 Discuss

The steps there are for Pixhawk but you should be able to do them on the Aero as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Octavian_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

If Radio Calibration says it has detected 0 channels then it means that the firmware is not sending any RC_CHANNELS mavlink messages.

You can try the steps shown in this thread: http://discuss.px4.io/t/detected-0-radio-channels-to-operate-px4-you-need-at-least-5-channels/2992/4 Detected 0 radio channels. To operate PX4, you need at least 5 channels - Configuration and Flight Modes - PX4 Discuss

The steps there are for Pixhawk but you should be able to do them on the Aero as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian

View solution in original post

JoshDavisNC
Beginner

OK, that basically says to repeat my previous steps, except to hold the safety switch button down while powering on. Where is the safety switch button? I don't see anything that looks like a safety switch button on either the drone or on the Spectrum DXe.

Thanks.

JoshDavisNC
Beginner

Are they talking about the bind/panic/trainer button? Is that what they're calling a "safety switch button"?

JoshDavisNC
Beginner

That was it. Thanks.