Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Connect R200 realsenses with Intel RTF

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to connect multiple realsense cameras with Intel Aero RTF but unfortunately the drone was not able to see the outer cameras. It just found the default camera. I connected the outer camera to USB3.0 external hub (with external power) and connected the hub to drone with USB3 adapter but It did not work.

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor II

It needs special cable to work.

Thank you for your help.

Soubhi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

Thank you for your interest in the Aero Platform. Connecting multiple R200 RealSense cameras with the Intel RTF drone has some known issues. One of the known issues with the RealSense cameras not working correctly may be due to the use of different cables and/or powered hubs.

You can find RealSense reported bugs here: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues

Regards,

Ezequiel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thank you Ezequiel for your help.

Actually the cameras are working well on my laptop. The problem is with Intel Aero RTF. I tried everything and many cables and hubs. I tried it with

•Self-powered USB 3.0 Hub

•USB host cable USB 3.0 Micro-B to Type-A female

but did not work.

I noticed something, I have SR300 camera and many R200 cameras. When I connected SR300 and typed lsusb, it appeared in the list but the librealsense library could not find it. For R200, it did not appear at all.

Regards,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

In regards to the R200, have you tried to connect the camera prior to powering up the RTF drone?

Also, can you please provide the output of the following command: lsusb.

Regards,

Ezequiel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Ezequiel,

Yes, I tried that and the same result.

I connected a hub (with external power) to the Intel Aero RTF and there were a keyboard and one R200 realsense connected to the hub.

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

The RealSense cameras via USB are a hit or miss when it comes to the RTF drone. There are times when a reboot of the drone will display the video feed; or there are times when re-running the program will display the R200 video output.

The next suggestion is to try a different USB3.0 A Female - to - USB3.0 Micro B Male cable.

Regards,

Ezequiel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I have tried many cables and many hubs.

Do you have any suggestion about a specific cable? Does Aero RTF for sure support external R200 realsense with Yocto OS?

Regards,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

It needs special cable to work.

Thank you for your help.

Soubhi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos