Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Connecting Intel Aero to home wifi connection

I power on the intel aero and connect my laptop to the AERO-xxxx, then ssh to the intel aero from my laptop (not via HDMI) and do

nmcli c down hotspot

the ssh session to the intel aero hangs since the hotspot is not available now. But now I cannot connect the intel aero to my home Wifi connection because the connection to the intel aero is gone.

Do I need to connect the intel aero via HDMI to connect the intel aero to the home Wifi connection ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi RKura, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Drone. In order to have internet access on the Aero drone it's possible to switch it to client mode so it connects to your Access Point instead of being an Access Point itself. By running the nmcli c down hotspot command, you disabled the access point. By disabling the access point, you can't connect to Aero via SSH. If you want to connect the drone to a home Wifi network, I suggest you to use a powered USB hub You can find more information here: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/08-Aero-Network-and-System-Administration Regards, Alexanda
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@Alexandra_Intel​ 

By powered USB hub do you mean the USB 3.0 OTG cable and connect HDMI and mouse/keyboard to the intel aero ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@Alexandra_Intel​ 

That worked. Thanks

0 Kudos