cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Connector types on 80-pin accessories connector

Hello,

What is the type of connectors used on the Accessories Connector board on Intel Aero RTF that includes GPS, compass and telemetry connectors among others?

I would like to make custom cables but don't know the correct housing type.

Thank you,

-J

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, johnmav

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

You can find the connector specifications in the hardware guide of the Intel Aero Compute Board, section 3.8:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/aero/intel-aero-compute-boar... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/aero/intel-aero-compute-boar...

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Alexandra,

I believe this document is outdated because the connectors are not Hirose Df13 as it says in page 13. Besides in this response that I found after I made the post:

the response is that a JST SH connector is used. This is only mentioned in page 7 of the document but again the manufacturer part number given is not one of a JST SH connector. So what type is the connector after all?

Thank you.

-J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, johnmav

The answer I gave you is correct.

In the other thread, the customer wants to connect a sensor and asked what is the name of the connector that goes into the TELEMETRY port on the Aero drone.

You, on the other hand, asked about the type of connectors used on the accessories connector board.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Alexandra,

I believe there has been a confusion between the Aero compute board and the Aero RTF drone (which my question was about).

So I rephrase:

What type of connector should I use to connect GPS, or Compass, or Telemetry on the Aero drone?

I believed this was called accessories connector board but apparently not.

Thank you,

-J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, johnmav

In this case, you need a 6 pin JST SH connector.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos