cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRamé
New Contributor I

Distorted bottom facing camera

Hello,

I am having a similar issue as Dan Madill 3 months ago The image I get from the bottom camera is having some issues: there is noise on the right and bottom, and the right side of the image is scrambled (see attached, image obtained using https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/06-Cameras-and-Video# intels-camera-streaming-daemon 06 Cameras and Video · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub Take a photo with the black and white camera). I flew only a couple times since I got the drone about 3 weeks ago and I hadn't check the bottom facing camera before. Contrary to Dan I had never unplugged the camera, but maybe the connector was defective from the start? For info I am running Ubuntu/Ardupilot. Is the problem a defective camera and would replacing it solve the issue or is there something else? Please let me know if there are any other additional information I can provide.

Would the camera be covered by the remedies policy ?

Thanks for your help,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Coline,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

Can you provide me the output of get_aero_version.py?

Regards,

Octavian
CRamé
New Contributor I

Hi Octavian,

Here are the results:

BIOS_VERSION= Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION = Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"

AIRMAP_VERSION = unknown

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 3.5.3

Thanks,

idata
Community Manager

Hello Coline,

Thank you for the information.

Please update your Bios to the latest version following this guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup# flashing-the-bios

After that, let me know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Octavian

CRamé
New Contributor I

Hi Octavian,

I have updated the BIOS and the issue persists

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16

OS_VERSION = Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"

AIRMAP_VERSION = unknown

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 3.5.3

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hello Coline,

Thank you for your patience.

To confirm that your issue is being caused by connector fatigue like in Dan's case, have you or are you able to test with another connector?

Regards,

Octavian
CRamé
New Contributor I

Hi Octavian,

No I don't have any other connector available. Do I need to buy one (if so could you provide the specs and/or a link to a reseller) or would that be covered by the remedies policy ?

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hello Coline,

If the drone was purchased from us you can go to click.intel.com , sign in to your account and request a return.

Otherwise you will need to contact the third party vendor from where you made the purchase.

Regards,

Octavian
CRamé
New Contributor I

Hi Octavian,

I purchased a new camera and installed it. The distortion is basically gone, however there are still noisy pixels on the right and bottom side of the image as you can see on the attachment. It is less of an issue, but I would like to know what might be causing the problem.

Thanks,

idata
Community Manager

Hello Coline,

It seems that there are some limitations with the down facing camera.The engineering team is looking into it. We will let the community know as soon as we have an update.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Regards,

Casandra