cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LFerr7
New Contributor I

Dronekit wait_ready() always timeouts on Aero RTF

Dear Intel Aero support,

I'm coding the Aero using dronekit and even the most basic programs fail to run with setting the wait_ready=True.

Even the code for Drone Kit you provide at https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/04-Autonomous-drone-programming-in-Python 04 Autonomous drone programming in Python · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub doesn't work if wait_ready =True.

Is there any possible workaround? Is this a Pixhawk-to-DroneKit problem?

I'm developing on my drone indoor, could it be because the vehicle is not locking on any GPS and therefore it's not suggested to be armable?

Could it be because I'm connecting over the loopback address and therefore packets get lost? Is it better to communicate via serial while developing on the Aero?

Before you ask, my Aero is up to date:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION = Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"

AIRMAP_VERSION = unknown

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 1.6.5

Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi LudoDrone,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

Could you tell me what are you trying to accomplish by setting the wait_ready=True?

Regards,

Alexandra
LFerr7
New Contributor I

Dear Alexandra,

I'm launching a basic http://python.dronekit.io/examples/vehicle_state.html Example: Vehicle State from Dronekit, trying to download Aero parameters.

What I noticed is:

1) since I haven't set any Return Home point, the waypoint list is empty and Dronekit throws an exception;

2) at line 90 the commands always times out:

cmds = vehicle.commands

cmds.download()

cmds.wait_ready()

I read around that it might be due to the 5760 baud rate (not enough time to download all the parameters) but using MAVProxy I can download parameters in a matter of seconds.

Best,

Ludovico

idata
Community Manager

Hi LudoDrone,

Setting the wait_ready=True waits for the default set of parameters. If you set it to true, you will need all the other parameters set to their default values.

Regards,

Alexandra
LFerr7
New Contributor I

The instructions

cmds.download()

cmds.wait_ready()

Implicitly call wait_ready().

I'll avoid it as much as I can while coding.

Thanks.