Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Enabling LeddarOne on the Aero RTF

The PX4 documentation designates LeddarOne as the recommended rangefinder for the Intel® Aero Ready to Fly Drone. However, when I went to enable the LeddarOne driver from QGroundControl (after connecting the sensor) I didn't see the flag SENS_EN_LEDDAR1 when I search through the parameters.

The documentation says that is sensor is supported out of the box. I have tested this using the following configurations:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.6.2 (pyro)"

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 1.6.5

Another test performed on the latest stable px4 firmware:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.6.2 (pyro)"

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 1.7.0

Is this sensor really supported out of the box or I need to manually add the sensor to the px4 firmware for the Intel Aero.

Thank you

Ussama

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I want to add that I am using the daily build of the QGroundControl. I have also tested this with latest stable QGC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello u.naal,

Thank you for you interest in the Intel Aero RTF drone.

We have received your request and we are currently investigating.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello u.naal,

The PX4 firmware in the Aero image do not have the LeddarOne driver included, therefore you'll need to integrate it.

In the link below you can find the instructions on how to do that, under "Additional Setup" section:

https://docs.px4.io/en/sensor/leddar_one.html

Please let me know if it works.

Thank you,

Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

According to that page, if you search the px4 source code and find the lines " drivers/distance_sensor or drivers/distance_sensor/leddar_one", then the driver is included.

But using the search link included, those lines were found in px4 version 1.8.0 source code. So then why can you still not enable the LeddarOne, and if that isn't enough, how do you actually add the driver to the flight controller.

Thx,

Tim

0 Kudos