Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Error message: intel-aero kernel: [ 2004.821885] serial8250: too much work for irq39

Hello,

I keep seeing the message in the log -

intel-aero kernel: [ 2004.821885] serial8250: too much work for irq39

What can I do to avoid it ? My baudrate is 406800 and 921600 both in /etc/mavlink-router/main.conf.

I have Ubuntu 1.04LTS installed on the intel-aero.

Can you please advise ?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello RKura, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Could you please confirm that on start-up you are booting in kernel 4.4? You can find the kernel version by using the following command: uname -a The output should look like this: Linux frelon 4.4.76-aero-1.2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 6 19:42:57 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

uname -a

Linux intel-aero 4.4.76-aero-1.2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 09:55:38 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello RKura, Thank you for your patience. The issue you are currently facing may be related to the kernel module. Could you please let us know how often do you see the messages? Are you experiencing issues communicating with the flight controller or qgroundcontrol? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

I see the error message every so often. I dont think it affects the communication with the FC or QGC. But sometimes my application sees it and fails.

My kernel module is

Linux intel-aero 4.4.76-aero-1.2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 09:55:38 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello RKura, Could you please let us know in what application do you notice this issue? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

Its a propriety application. It works fine when I dont see that message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello RKura, Unfortunately, without much information regarding your application, there is not much that we can do. Maybe there is a way to ignore/suppress the message from your application. Best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

Im not sure about ignoring/suppressing the message. Its generated by the kernel when there are a lot of interrupt requests. I dont think it has anything to do with my application. And it happens only when I run the application on the intel-aero. Not anywhere else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello RKura, The issue is related to the kernel version used on Aero. Upgrading the kernel may fix the issue, however, this has not been validated so you may run into other issues. The source code for the kernel and Yocto image can be found on GitHub. https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero  https://github.com/intel-aero/linux-kernel  We encourage you to try this out and share your results/progress with the community. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

@ElizaD_Intel​ 

I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed. The BIOS, FC and FPGA were updated last week.

What is the latest kernel for the intel-aero ?

I have

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Rkura, Please check the links Eliza shared with you previously. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos